CANADIAN BROADCASTING CORPORATION
35. (1) In this Part,
« vérificateur »
“auditor” means the auditor of the Corporation;
« conseil d’administration »
“Board” means the Board of Directors of the Corporation;
« président du conseil »
“Chairperson” means the Chairperson of the Board;
« administrateur »
“director” means a director of the Corporation;
« président-directeur général »
“President” means the President of the Corporation;
« filiale à cent pour cent »
“wholly-owned subsidiary” has the same meaning as in Part X of the Financial Administration Act.
(2) This Part shall be interpreted and applied so as to protect and enhance the freedom of expression and the journalistic, creative and programming independence enjoyed by the Corporation in the pursuit of its objects and in the exercise of its powers.
Continuation of Corporation
Marginal note:Corporation continued
36. (1) The corporation known as the Canadian Broadcasting Corporation is hereby continued and shall consist of those directors who from time to time compose the Board.
Marginal note:Board of Directors
(2) There shall be a Board of Directors of the Corporation consisting of twelve directors, including the Chairperson and the President, to be appointed by the Governor in Council.
(3) A director shall be appointed to hold office during good behaviour for a term not exceeding five years and may be removed at any time by the Governor in Council for cause.
(4) Subject to section 38, the Chairperson and the President are eligible for re-appointment on the expiration of any term of office but any other director who has served two consecutive terms is not, during the twelve months following the completion of the second term, eligible for appointment, except as Chairperson or President.
Marginal note:Continuation in office
(5) Notwithstanding subsections (3) and (4), if a director is not appointed to take office on the expiration of the term of office of an incumbent director, the incumbent director continues in office until a successor is appointed.
- 1991, c. 11, s. 36;
- 1995, c. 29, s. 4.
- Date modified: