Marginal note:Powers, duties and functions
42. (1) The President is the chief executive officer of the Corporation and has supervision over and direction of the work and staff of the Corporation and may exercise such powers and shall perform such other duties and functions as are assigned to the President by the by-laws of the Corporation.
(2) The President shall perform the duties and functions of the office on a full-time basis.
Marginal note:Absence, incapacity or vacancy of office
(3) If the President is absent or incapacitated or if the office of President is vacant, the Board may authorize an officer of the Corporation to act as President, but no person so authorized by the Board has authority to act as President for a period exceeding sixty days without the approval of the Governor in Council.
Marginal note:Chairperson’s and President’s remuneration
43. (1) The Chairperson and the President shall be paid by the Corporation remuneration at the rate fixed by the Governor in Council.
Marginal note:Fees of other directors
(2) Each director, other than the Chairperson and the President, shall be paid by the Corporation such fees for attendance at meetings of the Board or any committee of directors as are fixed by the by-laws of the Corporation.
(3) Each director is entitled to be paid by the Corporation such travel and living expenses incurred by the director in the performance of the duties of that director as are fixed by the by-laws of the Corporation.
Marginal note:Employment of staff
44. (1) The Corporation may, on its own behalf, employ such officers and employees as it considers necessary for the conduct of its business.
Marginal note:Terms, etc., of employment
(2) The officers and employees employed by the Corporation under subsection (1) shall, subject to any by-laws made under section 51, be employed on such terms and conditions and at such rates of remuneration as the Board deems fit.
Marginal note:Not servants of Her Majesty
(3) The officers and employees employed by the Corporation under subsection (1) are not officers or servants of Her Majesty.
Marginal note:English and French language broadcasting committees
45. (1) The Board shall establish a standing committee of directors on English language broadcasting and a standing committee of directors on French language broadcasting, each consisting of the Chairperson, the President and such other directors as the Board may appoint.
Marginal note:Chairperson or President shall preside
(2) The Chairperson, or in the absence of the Chairperson, the President, shall preside at meetings of each standing committee established pursuant to subsection (1).
Marginal note:Absence of Chairperson and President
(3) In respect of each standing committee established pursuant to subsection (1), the Chairperson shall designate one of the directors to preside at meetings thereof in the event of the absence of both the Chairperson and the President.
Marginal note:Duties of committees
(4) The standing committee on English language broadcasting shall perform such duties in relation to English language broadcasting, and the standing committee on French language broadcasting shall perform such duties in relation to French language broadcasting, as are delegated to the committee by the by-laws of the Corporation.
- Date modified: