49. (1) Where, in the opinion of the Corporation, the taking or acquisition of any land or interest therein by the Corporation without the consent of the owner is required for the purpose of carrying out its objects, the Corporation shall so advise the appropriate Minister in relation to Part I of the Expropriation Act.
Marginal note:Application of Expropriation Act
(2) For the purposes of the Expropriation Act, any land or interest therein that, in the opinion of the Minister referred to in subsection (1), is required for the purpose of carrying out the objects of the Corporation shall be deemed to be land or an interest therein that, in the opinion of the Minister, is required for a public work or other public purpose and, in relation thereto, a reference to the Crown in that Act shall be construed as a reference to the Corporation.
Head Office and Meetings
Marginal note:Head office
50. (1) The head office of the Corporation shall be in the National Capital Region as described in the schedule to the National Capital Act or at such other place in Canada as the Governor in Council may specify.
(2) The Board shall meet at least six times in each year.
Marginal note:Telephone conferences
(3) A director may, subject to the by-laws of the Corporation, participate in a meeting of the Board or a committee of directors by means of such telephone or other communication facilities as permit all persons participating in the meeting to hear each other, and a director who participates in such a meeting by those means is deemed for the purposes of this Part to be present at the meeting.
51. (1) The Board may make by-laws
(a) respecting the calling of meetings of the Board;
(b) respecting the conduct of business at meetings of the Board, the establishment of special and standing committees of directors, the delegation of duties to special and standing committees of directors, including the committees referred to in section 45, and the fixing of quorums for meetings thereof;
(c) fixing the fees to be paid to directors, other than the Chairperson and the President, for attendance at meetings of the Board or any committee of directors, and the travel and living expenses to be paid to directors;
(d) respecting the duties and conduct of the directors, officers and employees of the Corporation and the terms and conditions of employment and of termination of employment of officers and employees of the Corporation, including the payment of any gratuity to those officers and employees or any one or more of them, whether by way of retirement allowance or otherwise;
(e) respecting the establishment, management and administration of a pension fund for the directors, officers and employees of the Corporation and their dependants, the contributions thereto to be made by the Corporation and the investment of the pension fund moneys thereof; and
(f) generally for the conduct and management of the affairs of the Corporation.
Marginal note:Certain by-laws subject to Minister’s approval
(2) No by-law made under paragraph (1)(c) or (e), and no by-law made under paragraph (1)(d) that provides for the payment of any gratuity referred to in that paragraph, has any effect unless it is approved by the Minister.
- Date modified: