Marginal note:Agreements to administer a tax
14. (1) The Agency may enter into or amend an agreement with a provincial or territorial government to administer a tax or other fiscal measure if the agreement is in accordance with guidelines relating to agreements of that kind established jointly by the Minister and the Minister of Finance.
Marginal note:Application of the Federal-Provincial Fiscal Arrangements Act
(2) Parts III and III.1 of the Federal-Provincial Fiscal Arrangements Act do not apply to an agreement entered into or amended under subsection (1).
Marginal note:Appropriation Acts
15. An appropriation Act may provide that the balance of money appropriated by Parliament for the use of the Agency that remains unexpended at the end of the fiscal year, after the adjustments referred to in section 37 of the Financial Administration Act are made, lapses at the end of the following fiscal year.
Marginal note:Annual report
15.1 (1) The Minister shall, as soon as possible after the end of each fiscal year but no later than the end of the calendar year in which that fiscal year ends, cause to be laid before each House of Parliament a report of the operations and performance of the Agency for that fiscal year.
Marginal note:Reports required by Treasury Board
(2) The obligation imposed by subsection (1) may be satisfied by the tabling of any reports of the operations and performance of the Agency required by the Treasury Board that contain the information required by that subsection.
16. The following definitions apply in sections 17 to 19 and 21 to 28.
« ancienne agence »
“former agency” means the portion of the federal public administration known as the Canada Border Services Agency.
« nouvelle agence »
“new agency” means the Canada Border Services Agency established under subsection 3(1).
“order P.C. 2003-2064”
« décret C.P. 2003-2064 »
“order P.C. 2003-2064” means Order in Council P.C. 2003-2064 of December 12, 2003, registered as SI/2003-216.
- 2005, c. 38, ss. 16, 144(E).
- Date modified: