242. The Minister may make regulations
(a) prescribing the form of reporting to enforcement officers under subparagraph 235(4)(f)(ii) and specifying the information required to be contained in or to accompany the report; and
(b) of either particular or general application, respecting representations made to enforcement officers under subsection 237(1) or 241(2).
Marginal note:Roster of review officers
243. The Minister shall establish and maintain a roster of review officers.
Marginal note:Chief Review Officer
244. (1) The Minister shall appoint one of the review officers as the Chief Review Officer to perform the functions of the Chief Review Officer as and when required.
Marginal note:Functions of Chief Review Officer
(2) The Chief Review Officer shall
(a) perform administrative functions related to the work of review officers, including assigning review officers to conduct review hearings; and
(b) in certain cases, conduct review hearings.
Marginal note:Absence, etc., of Chief Review Officer
(3) If the Chief Review Officer is absent or unable to act or if the office is vacant, any other review officer that is designated by the Minister shall perform the functions of the Chief Review Officer.
Marginal note:Term of members
245. (1) Review officers shall be appointed to hold office during good behaviour for a term of not more than three years, but may be removed by the Minister at any time for cause.
(2) A review officer may be re-appointed.
Marginal note:Publication in Canada Gazette
247. A person is not eligible to be appointed as a review officer unless the person is knowledgeable about the conservation and protection of the Canadian environment, environmental and human health, administrative law as it relates to environmental regulation or traditional aboriginal ecological knowledge.
- 1999, c. 33, s. 247;
- 2009, c. 14, s. 68.
Marginal note:Other employment
248. Review officers shall not accept or hold any office or employment inconsistent with their functions under this Act.
- Date modified: