Marginal note:Amount to be paid for elected service
47. Where a person, having been a member of the Royal Canadian Mounted Police and having become entitled to an annuity or annual allowance under the Royal Canadian Mounted Police Superannuation Act, for which he was not required to contribute, makes an election of the kind described in subsection 46(2), in addition to any amount he is, as a result of that election, required by that subsection to pay, that person shall pay into the Consolidated Revenue Fund for credit to the account maintained in the accounts of Canada pursuant to the Royal Canadian Mounted Police Superannuation Act, an amount equal to the amount of any annuity or annual allowance that has been paid to him out of that account prior to his making an election under subsection 46(2).
- R.S., c. C-9, s. 21.
Marginal note:Amount to be credited to Superannuation Account
48. (1) On the making of an election under subsection 43(1) or 46(2) before April 1, 2000, under which the person so electing is required by this Act to pay for any period of service of the kind described in paragraph 43(2)(a), there shall be
(b) credited to the Superannuation Account in respect of that person,
an amount equal to the amount determined under subparagraph 43(2)(a)(ii), and for the purposes of the Public Service Superannuation Act or the Royal Canadian Mounted Police Superannuation Act, as the case may be, the amount of any return of contributions or other lump sum payment that is or may become payable under that Act to or in respect of that person shall be deemed to be the amount otherwise determined thereunder minus the amount required by this section to be credited to the Superannuation Account on the making of the election.
Marginal note:Amount to be paid
(2) Subsection (1) applies, with any modifications that the circumstances require, to an election made on or after April 1, 2000 and a reference to “the account in the accounts of Canada maintained pursuant to the Public Service Superannuation Act or the Royal Canadian Mounted Police Superannuation Act” shall be read as a reference to “the Public Service Pension Fund or the Royal Canadian Mounted Police Pension Fund” in respect of contributions made by the person to that fund and a reference to “the Superannuation Account” shall be read as a reference to the “Canadian Forces Pension Fund”.
- R.S., 1985, c. C-17, s. 48;
- 1999, c. 34, s. 144.
Service Pension Board
Marginal note:Service Pension Board
49. (1) The Minister shall appoint a board, to be known as the Service Pension Board, consisting of a chairman and two other members, one to represent the Canadian Forces and one to represent the Minister.
Marginal note:Duty of Board
(2) It is the duty of the Service Pension Board to determine, in the case of any contributor who is retired from the regular force, the reason for the retirement, and the Board shall, on the making of the determination, certify in writing the reason for that retirement as determined by the Board.
Marginal note:Certification of reason for retirement
(3) No payment shall be made of any annuity or other benefit under this Act to a contributor who is retired from the regular force except on certification in writing by the Service Pension Board of the reason for the retirement as determined by the Board, and on the certification thereof the contributor shall be presumed, in the absence of evidence to the contrary, to have been retired from the regular force for that reason.
Marginal note:Application of subsections (2) and (3)
(4) Subsections (2) and (3) do not apply to any case or class of cases specified by the Treasury Board.
Marginal note:Limitation on application
(5) This section does not apply in the case of a contributor who ceases to be a member of the regular force after the coming into force of this subsection.
- R.S., 1985, c. C-17, s. 49;
- 2003, c. 26, s. 22.
- Date modified: