55.5 The costs of the administration of this Act, as determined by the Treasury Board on the recommendation of the Minister, with respect to benefits payable under Parts I, II and III in respect of pensionable service that comes to the credit of contributors on or after April 1, 2000 shall be paid out of the Canadian Forces Pension Fund.
- 1999, c. 34, s. 152.
Marginal note:Public Pensions Reporting Act
56. In accordance with the Public Pensions Reporting Act, a cost certificate, an actuarial valuation report and an assets report on the state of each of the Superannuation Account, the Canadian Forces Superannuation Investment Fund and the Canadian Forces Pension Fund shall be prepared, filed with the Minister designated under that Act and laid before Parliament.
- R.S., 1985, c. C-17, s. 56;
- R.S., 1985, c. 13 (2nd Supp.), s. 11;
- 1999, c. 34, s. 153.
Marginal note:Annual report
57. The Minister shall cause to be laid before each House of Parliament each year a report on the administration of this Part and Part III during the preceding fiscal year, including a statement showing the amounts paid into and out of the Superannuation Account, the Canadian Forces Pension Fund, and the Canadian Forces Superannuation Investment Fund during that year, by appropriate classifications, the number of contributors and the number of persons receiving benefits under this Part and Part III together with the additional information that the Governor in Council may by regulation require.
- R.S., 1985, c. C-17, s. 57;
- 1992, c. 46, s. 51;
- 1999, c. 34, s. 153.
Offence and Punishment
58. Any person who knowingly makes any statement or gives any information that is false in any material particular for the purpose of obtaining, either for himself or for any other person, any payment under this Act is guilty of an indictable offence and liable to a fine not exceeding one thousand dollars or to imprisonment for a term not exceeding one year or to both.
- R.S., c. C-9, s. 29.
Marginal note:Continuation of pensions
59. (1) A person to whom any pension has become payable under Part V of the former Act shall, for the purposes of this Act, be deemed to have become entitled to that pension under this Act.
Marginal note:Persons deemed to be contributors
(2) For the purposes of this Act, a person to whom, as a contributor under Part V of the former Act, any pension has become payable under the former Act shall, on his death on or after July 8, 1959, be deemed to have been a contributor under this Act who, at the time of his death, was entitled under this Act to an annuity.
- R.S., c. C-9, s. 30.
- Date modified: