Marginal note:Possession of instruments for breaking into coin-operated or currency exchange devices
352. Every one who, without lawful excuse, the proof of which lies on him, has in his possession any instrument suitable for breaking into a coin-operated device or a currency exchange device, under circumstances that give rise to a reasonable inference that the instrument has been used or is or was intended to be used for breaking into a coin-operated device or a currency exchange device, is guilty of an indictable offence and liable to imprisonment for a term not exceeding two years.
- R.S., c. C-34, s. 310;
- 1972, c. 13, s. 26;
- 1974-75-76, c. 93, s. 28.
Marginal note:Selling, etc., automobile master key
353. (1) Every one who
(a) sells, offers for sale or advertises in a province an automobile master key otherwise than under the authority of a licence issued by the Attorney General of that province, or
(b) purchases or has in his possession in a province an automobile master key otherwise than under the authority of a licence issued by the Attorney General of that province,
is guilty of an indictable offence and liable to imprisonment for a term not exceeding two years.
(1.1) A police officer specially authorized by the chief of the police force to possess an automobile master key is not guilty of an offence under subsection (1) by reason only that the police officer possesses an automobile master key for the purposes of the execution of the police officer’s duties.
Marginal note:Terms and conditions of licence
(2) A licence issued by the Attorney General of a province as described in paragraph (1)(a) or (b) may contain such terms and conditions relating to the sale, offering for sale, advertising, purchasing, having in possession or use of an automobile master key as the Attorney General of that province may prescribe.
(2.1) The Attorney General of a province may prescribe fees for the issue or renewal of licences as described in paragraph (1)(a) or (b).
Marginal note:Record to be kept
(3) Every one who sells an automobile master key
(a) shall keep a record of the transaction showing the name and address of the purchaser and particulars of the licence issued to the purchaser as described in paragraph (1)(b); and
(b) shall produce the record for inspection at the request of a peace officer.
Marginal note:Failure to comply with subsection (3)
(4) Every one who fails to comply with subsection (3) is guilty of an offence punishable on summary conviction.
(5) The definitions in this subsection apply in this section.
“automobile master key”
« passe-partout d’automobile »
“automobile master key” includes a key, pick, rocker key or other instrument designed or adapted to operate the ignition or other switches or locks of a series of motor vehicles.
« licence »
“licence” includes any authorization.
- R.S., 1985, c. C-46, s. 353;
- 1997, c. 18, s. 22.
- Date modified: