Marginal note:Permanent review by Parliamentary Committee
168. (1) The administration of this Act shall be reviewed on a permanent basis by such committee of the Senate, of the House of Commons or of both Houses of Parliament as may be designated or established for that purpose.
Marginal note:Review and report after five years
(2) The committee designated or established for the purpose of subsection (1) shall, within five years after the coming into force of this Act, undertake a comprehensive review of the provisions and operation of this Act, and shall, within a reasonable period thereafter, cause to be laid before each House of Parliament a report thereon.
Definition of “former Act”
Marginal note:Pending proceedings under former Act
(2) Any proceedings instituted under the former Act before the commencement of this Act shall be continued and completed as if this Act and any regulations made hereunder had not been enacted.
Marginal note:Amounts owing under former Act
(3) Sections 143 to 147 apply in respect of any amount owing to Her Majesty in right of Canada under the former Act or any regulations made thereunder unless legal proceedings have been instituted under section 102 of the former Act in respect thereof.
Marginal note:Goods detained under former Act
(4) Section 102 applies in respect of goods detained under subsection 22(2) of the former Act if such goods are in the custody of an officer at the time this Act comes into force.
170. to 182. [Amendments]
183. [Repealed, R.S., 1985, c. 45 (1st Supp.), s. 10]
184. to 194. [Amendments]
195. [Repealed, R.S., 1985, c. 7 (2nd Supp.), s. 75]
196. to 213. [Amendments]
COMING INTO FORCE
Return to footnote *[Note: Paragraph 99(1)(b), subsections 99(2) to (4) and sections 170 to 172 in force March 3, 1986, see SI/86-33; remainder of Act in force November 10, 1986, see SI/86-206.]
- Date modified: