APPLICATION AND ADMINISTRATIVE MATTERS
Application to Her Majesty
Marginal note:Act binding on Her Majesty
7. This Act is binding on Her Majesty and Her Majesty in right of a province.
Administration and Officers
Marginal note:Minister’s duty
8. The Minister shall administer and enforce this Act and the Commissioner may exercise the powers and perform the duties of the Minister under this Act.
Marginal note:Officers and employees
9. (1) The officers, employees and agents that are necessary to administer and enforce this Act shall be appointed, employed or engaged in the manner authorized by law.
Marginal note:Delegation of powers
(2) The Minister may authorize a designated officer or agent or a class of officers or agents to exercise powers or perform duties of the Minister, including any judicial or quasi-judicial power or duty of the Minister, under this Act.
(3) The Minister of Public Safety and Emergency Preparedness may authorize a designated officer or agent, or a class of officers or agents, to exercise powers and perform duties of that Minister under section 68.
- 2002, c. 22, s. 9;
- 2005, c. 38, ss. 93, 145.
Marginal note:Designation of police forces
10. (1) The Minister and the Minister of Public Safety and Emergency Preparedness may designate any police force in Canada for the purposes of the enforcement of any of the provisions of this Act that are specified in the designation, subject to any terms and conditions specified in the designation, for any period specified in the designation.
Marginal note:Persons to have powers and duties of officers
(2) All members of a police force designated under subsection (1) have the powers and duties of an officer for the purposes of the enforcement of the provisions of this Act specified in the designation.
Marginal note:Designation to be published
(3) A designation under subsection (1) or any variation or cancellation of that designation must be published in the Canada Gazette and is not effective before it is so published.
- 2002, c. 22, s. 10;
- 2005, c. 10, s. 34.
Marginal note:Designation of analysts
11. The Minister may designate any person or class of persons as an analyst for the purposes of this Act.
Marginal note:Administration of oaths
12. Any officer, if designated by the Minister for the purpose, may administer oaths and take and receive affidavits, declarations and affirmations for the purposes of or incidental to the administration or enforcement of this Act, and every officer so designated has for those purposes all the powers of a commissioner for administering oaths or taking affidavits.
- Date modified: