Marginal note:Yearly inventory of stock
32. (1) Every person who is a distiller, tobacco manufacturer, cigar manufacturer, bonded manufacturer or brewer shall make and deliver to the collector of the division in which the manufactory or premises of that person is or are situated, an inventory in such form as is prescribed by the Minister of the quantity of the different kinds of raw material, articles and goods in process of manufacture, and manufactured products, and all other materials held or owned by that person at the close of business on the last day of the fiscal period of that person, as determined for the purposes of the Income Tax Act, in each year or at any intermediate time when required by the Minister.
Marginal note:Monthly returns
(1.1) Every person who has a licence for a bonding warehouse granted under paragraph 50(1)(c) shall make a monthly return to the collector of the division in which the warehouse is situated of the quantity of manufactured tobacco and cigars delivered to accredited representatives, listing the quantity for each country represented by the accredited representatives.
Marginal note:Yearly inventory of stock in bonding warehouse
(1.2) Every person who has a licence for a bonding warehouse granted under paragraph 50(1)(c) shall make and deliver to the collector of the division in which the warehouse is situated an inventory in such form as is prescribed by the Minister of the goods stored in the warehouse at the close of business on the last day of the fiscal period of that person, as determined for the purposes of the Income Tax Act, in each year or at any intermediate time when required by the Minister.
(2) The stock-taking necessary to make up the inventories referred to in subsections (1) and (1.2) shall be done in the manner specified by ministerial regulations.
- R.S., 1985, c. E-14, s. 32;
- R.S., 1985, c. 12 (4th Supp.), s. 56;
- 1993, c. 25, s. 33;
- 1999, c. 17, s. 144(E).
Marginal note:Inspection of books and papers
33. (1) Every person who is licensed to carry on any business subject to excise shall, as often as is required by the collector or any inspector and at any time within ordinary business hours, or when any operation is being carried on within the licensed premises, produce for the inspection of any such officer
(a) all books, papers and accounts, kept in accordance with the requirements of this Act, in which books, papers or accounts the officer may enter any memorandum, statement or account of quantities, in which case he shall attest the same by his initials; and
(b) all books, accounts, statements and returns whatever, and all partnership accounts used by any such person or by any co-partners in carrying on the licensed business, whether those books, accounts, statements or returns are considered private or otherwise and whether they are or are not on the licensed premises, and every officer shall be permitted to take extracts therefrom or copies thereof.
Marginal note:Officer seizing may remove books, etc.
(2) In case of seizure of any article or thing in any premises subject to excise for contravention of this Act, the seizing officer or any superior officer may take possession of and remove all or any books, papers or accounts kept under the requirements of this Act, and may retain them until the seizure is declared valid by competent authority or the article or thing seized or the proceeds thereof is, by competent authority, directed to be restored.
- R.S., c. E-12, s. 33.
- Date modified: