Reporting of Prohibition Orders
Marginal note:Reporting of prohibition orders
89. Every court, judge or justice that makes, varies or revokes a prohibition order shall have a chief firearms officer informed without delay of the prohibition order or its variation or revocation.
Access to Records
Marginal note:Right of access
90. The Registrar has a right of access to records kept by a chief firearms officer under section 87 and a chief firearms officer has a right of access to records kept by the Registrar under section 83 or 85 and to records kept by other chief firearms officers under section 87.
Marginal note:Right of access — subsection 23.1(1)
90.1 For the purpose of subsection 23.1(1), the person responding to a request made under that subsection has a right of access to records kept by a chief firearms officer under section 87.
- 2012, c. 6, s. 25.
Marginal note:Electronic filing
91. (1) Subject to the regulations, notices and documents that are sent to or issued by the Registrar pursuant to this or any other Act of Parliament may be sent or issued in electronic or other form in any manner specified by the Registrar.
Marginal note:Time of receipt
(2) For the purposes of this Act and Part III of the Criminal Code, a notice or document that is sent or issued in accordance with subsection (1) is deemed to have been received at the time and date provided by the regulations.
Marginal note:Records of Registrar
92. (1) Records required by section 83 or 85 to be kept by the Registrar may
(a) be in bound or loose-leaf form or in photographic film form; or
(b) be entered or recorded by any system of mechanical or electronic data processing or by any other information storage device that is capable of reproducing any required information in intelligible written or printed form within a reasonable time.
Marginal note:Storage of documents or information in electronic or other form
(2) Subject to the regulations, a document or information received by the Registrar under this Act in electronic or other form may be entered or recorded by any information storage device, including any system of mechanical or electronic data processing, that is capable of reproducing stored documents or information in intelligible written or printed form within a reasonable time.
Marginal note:Probative value
(3) Where the Registrar maintains a record of a document otherwise than in written or printed form, an extract from that record that is certified by the Registrar has the same probative value as the document would have had if it had been proved in the ordinary way.
Marginal note:Report to federal Minister
93. (1) The Commissioner shall, as soon as possible after the end of each calendar year and at any other times that the federal Minister may in writing request, submit to the federal Minister a report, in the form and including the information that the federal Minister may direct, with regard to the administration of this Act.
Marginal note:Report to be laid before Parliament
(2) The federal Minister shall have each report laid before each House of Parliament on any of the first 15 days on which that House is sitting after the federal Minister receives it.
- 1995, c. 39, s. 93;
- 2003, c. 8, s. 50.
- Date modified: