Marginal note:Ministers to provide records, etc.
65. For the purpose of the keeping of the accounts of Canada under section 63 and the preparation of the Public Accounts under section 64, the Receiver General may, from time to time, subject to such regulations as the Treasury Board may make, send a notice to each appropriate Minister requesting such records, accounts or statements or other information as is specified in the notice and each appropriate Minister shall, within such reasonable time as is specified in the notice, provide the Receiver General with the records, accounts or statements or other information requested.
- R.S., c. F-10, s. 56;
- R.S., c. 11(2nd Supp.), s. 1;
- 1976-77, c. 34, s. 23;
- 1980-81-82-83, c. 170, s. 16.
Marginal note:Quarterly financial reports
65.1 (1) Every department shall cause to be prepared, in the form and manner provided for by the Treasury Board, a quarterly financial report for each of the first three fiscal quarters of each fiscal year.
(2) The report shall contain
(a) a financial statement for the fiscal quarter and the period from the start of the fiscal year to the end of that fiscal quarter;
(b) comparative financial information for the preceding fiscal year; and
(c) a statement outlining the results, risks and significant changes in relation to operations, personnel and programs.
Marginal note:Report to be made public
(3) The appropriate Minister shall cause the report to be made public within 60 days after the end of the fiscal quarter to which the report relates.
(4) The Treasury Board may, by regulation, exempt a department from the requirement set out in subsection (1) or provide that any of the content referred to in subsection (2) be excluded from its report.
- 2009, c. 31, s. 58.
ASSIGNMENT OF CROWN DEBTS
66. In this Part,
“appropriate paying officer”
« agent payeur compétent »
“appropriate paying officer”, in relation to a Crown debt, means the paying officer who makes the payments in respect of that debt;
« marché »
“contract” means a contract involving the payment of money by the Crown;
« Sa Majesté »
“Crown” means Her Majesty in right of Canada;
« créance sur Sa Majesté »
“Crown debt” means any existing or future debt due or becoming due by the Crown, and any other chose in action in respect of which there is a right of recovery enforceable by action against the Crown;
« agent payeur »
“paying officer” means any person designated as such by regulation;
“prescribed”Version anglaise seulement
“prescribed” means prescribed by regulation.
- R.S., 1985, c. F-11, s. 66;
- 1999, c. 31, s. 113(F).
- Date modified: