Marginal note:Board of directors
7.3 The corporation’s board of directors consists of
(a) one director appointed by the President of the Treasury Board, on the recommendation of the National Joint Council of the Public Service, who is the chairperson;
(b) one director appointed by the President of the Treasury Board, on the recommendation of the National Joint Council of the Public Service, who, in the opinion of the President, represents the pensioners;
(c) four directors appointed by the President of the Treasury Board; and
(d) four directors appointed by that portion of the National Joint Council of the Public Service that represents the employees.
- 2005, c. 30, s. 132.
7.4 The Treasury Board may make regulations respecting the governance of the corporation, including regulations that adapt any provisions of the Canada Business Corporations Act, the Canada Corporations Act, chapter C-32 of the Revised Statutes of Canada, 1970, and the Canada Not-for-profit Corporations Act and any regulations made under those Acts for the purpose of applying those provisions as adapted to the corporation.
- 2005, c. 30, s. 132;
- 2009, c. 23, s. 327.
Marginal note:Subject to directions of Governor in Council
8. The Treasury Board in the exercise of its powers under this Act or any other Act of Parliament is subject to any direction given to it by the Governor in Council, and the Governor in Council may, by order, amend or revoke any action of the Board.
- R.S., c. F-10, s. 5.
Marginal note:Form of accounts of Canada
9. (1) The Treasury Board may prescribe from time to time the manner and form in which the accounts of Canada and the accounts of the several departments shall be kept, and may direct any person receiving, managing or disbursing public money to keep any books, records or accounts that the Board considers necessary.
Marginal note:Land management and development records and plans
(1.1) The Treasury Board may
(a) require departments to maintain records and prepare plans with respect to the management and development of lands under paragraph 7(1)(d.1); and
(b) prescribe the manner and form in which the records and plans are to be maintained.
Marginal note:Production of documents
(2) The Treasury Board may require from any public officer or any agent of Her Majesty any account, return, statement, document, report or information that the Board considers necessary for the due performance of its duties.
(3) The Treasury Board may require any public officer or agent of Her Majesty to provide a department with such information from any account, return, record, statement, document or report as may be required
(a) to locate any person in order to collect a debt due to Her Majesty in right of Canada by that person; or
(b) to set off a debt due to Her Majesty in right of Canada or a province against any sum of money that may be due or payable by Her Majesty in right of Canada.
- R.S., 1985, c. F-11, s. 9;
- 1991, c. 24, s. 3.
- Date modified: