Marginal note:Recall order — Canadian Food Inspection Agency Act
- 2015, c. 2, s. 55.
4 This Act does not apply in respect of a feed that is manufactured by a livestock producer if it is not sold and has not had incorporated into it any drug or other substance that presents a risk of harm to human or animal health or the environment.
- R.S., 1985, c. F-9, s. 4;
- 2015, c. 2, s. 55.
(a) respecting applications for registration or for approval of feeds and the information to be furnished with the applications;
(b) respecting the registration of feeds and prescribing fees for registration;
(b.1) respecting the approval of feeds;
(c) respecting the duration and cancellation of the registration or approval of feeds;
(c.1) respecting the manufacturing, sale, importation or exportation of any feed that presents a risk of harm to human or animal health or the environment;
(c.2) respecting the sending or conveying from one province to another or the importation or exportation of any feed;
(c.3) respecting the manufacturing or sale of any feed that is to be exported or to be sent or conveyed from one province to another;
(c.4) respecting the sale of any feed that has been imported;
(d) exempting, with or without conditions, any item to which this Act applies, or a person or activity in respect of a feed, from the application of this Act or the regulations or a provision of this Act or the regulations;
(e) prescribing the form, composition and other standards for feeds;
(e.1) prescribing standards for the manufacturing or the safety of feeds;
(e.2) prescribing inspection marks in respect of any feeds and regulating their application or use;
(f) respecting the packaging and labelling of feeds and packages thereof;
(g) respecting the taking of samples and the making of analyses for the purposes of this Act;
(g.1) requiring persons to take or keep samples of any feed, or its package or label, and to provide the Minister or an inspector with, or with access to, those samples, and respecting the manner in which those samples are to be taken or kept and the manner in which they are to be provided or access to them is to be provided;
(h) providing that feeds registered under this Act and containing a pest control product as defined in subsection 2(1) of the Pest Control Products Act are, in prescribed circumstances and subject to prescribed conditions, deemed to be registered under that Act;
(i) the registration of persons or the issuing of licences to persons under section 5.2 or the registration of establishments under section 5.3,
(ii) the suspension, cancellation and renewal of those licences and registrations, and
(iii) the amendment of those licences and registrations or of any of the conditions to which they are subject by reason of subsection 5.2(3) or 5.3(4);
(h.2) respecting quality management programs, quality control programs, safety programs, preventive control plans or any other similar programs or plans to be implemented by persons who conduct any activity regulated under this Act;
(i) designating specific animals, including birds, as livestock for the purposes of this Act;
(j) respecting the detention, preservation and safeguarding of anything seized under section 9;
(k) respecting the disposition of anything forfeited under section 9;
(k.1) respecting the evaluation of a feed, including regulations respecting
(i) the provision of samples of the feed,
(ii) the provision of information in respect of the feed, including information that
(iii) the evaluation of the potential impact of the feed on, and the risk of harm posed by the feed to, human and animal health and the environment;
(k.2) requiring persons to prepare, keep or maintain documents and to provide the Minister or an inspector with, or with access to, those documents, and respecting
(k.3) respecting the issuance of certificates or other documents for the purpose of section 5.5;
(l) prescribing anything else that by this Act is required to be prescribed; and
(m) generally, for carrying out the purposes and provisions of this Act.
Marginal note:Paragraphs (1)(c.1) and (c.2)
(2) Regulations made under paragraph (1)(c.1) or (c.2) may, among other things, establish preclearance or in-transit requirements for any imported feed or anything imported with it.
Marginal note:Paragraph (1)(k.2)
(3) Regulations made under paragraph (1)(k.2) may, among other things, require persons who conduct any activity regulated under this Act and who become aware that a feed presents a risk of harm to human or animal health or the environment or does not meet the requirements of the regulations to provide written notice to that effect to the Minister or an inspector.
- R.S., 1985, c. F-9, s. 5;
- 2001, c. 4, s. 84(F);
- 2002, c. 28, s. 83;
- 2015, c. 2, s. 56.
Incorporation by Reference
Marginal note:Incorporation by reference
(2) The Minister must ensure that any document that is incorporated by reference in a regulation made under subsection 5(1), including any amendments to the document, is accessible.
(3) A person is not liable to be found guilty of an offence or subjected to an administrative sanction for any contravention in respect of which a document that is incorporated by reference in a regulation made under subsection 5(1) is relevant unless, at the time of the alleged contravention, the document was accessible as required by subsection (2) or it was otherwise accessible to the person.
Marginal note:No registration or publication
(4) For greater certainty, a document that is incorporated by reference in a regulation made under subsection 5(1) is not required to be transmitted for registration or published in the Canada Gazette by reason only that it is incorporated by reference.
- 2015, c. 2, s. 57.
Registrations and Licences
5.2 (1) The Minister may, on application, register a person, or issue a licence to a person, authorizing them to conduct a prescribed activity in respect of a prescribed feed that has been imported for sale — or that is to be exported or to be sent or conveyed from one province to another — or both register a person and issue them a licence.
Marginal note:Conditions — regulations
(2) The registration and the licence are subject to the prescribed conditions.
Marginal note:Conditions — Minister
(3) The Minister may make a registration or licence subject to any additional conditions that he or she considers appropriate.
Marginal note:Obligation to comply
(4) The holder of the registration or licence must comply with all the conditions to which the registration or licence is subject.
Marginal note:No transfer
(5) The registration or licence is not transferable.
- 2015, c. 2, s. 57.
- Date modified: