Marginal note:Certificate of analyst
11. (1) A certificate of an analyst stating that the analyst has examined a substance or a sample submitted to the analyst by an inspector and stating the result of the examination is admissible in evidence in any proceedings for a violation, or for an offence under this Act, and, in the absence of any evidence to the contrary, is proof of the statement of analysis contained in the certificate.
(2) In any proceedings for a violation, or for an offence under this Act, a document purporting to be the certificate of an analyst shall be admitted in evidence without proof of the signature of the person by whom it purports to be signed and without proof of that person’s official position.
- R.S., 1985, c. F-9, s. 11;
- 1995, c. 40, s. 49.
12. A complaint or information in respect of an offence under this Act may be heard, tried or determined by a provincial court judge or a justice if the accused is resident or carrying on business within the territorial jurisdiction of the provincial court judge or justice, although the matter of the complaint or information did not arise in that territorial jurisdiction.
- R.S., 1985, c. F-9, s. 12;
- R.S., 1985, c. 27 (1st Supp.), s. 203.
- Date modified: