Marginal note:Permanent review of Act, etc., by parliamentary committee
88. The administration of this Act, any regulations and directives made under this Act and the reports of the Commissioner, the President of the Treasury Board and the Minister of Canadian Heritage made under this Act shall be reviewed on a permanent basis by such committee of the Senate, of the House of Commons or of both Houses of Parliament as may be designated or established for that purpose.
- R.S., 1985, c. 31 (4th Supp.), s. 88;
- 1995, c. 11, s. 30.
Marginal note:Section 126 of Criminal Code not applicable
Marginal note:Parliamentary and judicial powers, privileges and immunities saved
90. Nothing in this Act abrogates or derogates from any powers, privileges or immunities of members of the Senate or the House of Commons in respect of their personal offices and staff or of judges of any Court.
Marginal note:Staffing generally
91. Nothing in Part IV or V authorizes the application of official language requirements to a particular staffing action unless those requirements are objectively required to perform the functions for which the staffing action is undertaken.
Marginal note:References in Acts of Parliament to the “official languages”
92. In every Act of Parliament, a reference to the “official languages” or the “official languages of Canada” shall be construed as a reference to the languages declared by subsection 16(1) of the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms to be the official languages of Canada.
93. The Governor in Council may make regulations
(a) prescribing anything that the Governor in Council considers necessary to effect compliance with this Act in the conduct of the affairs of federal institutions other than the Senate, House of Commons, Library of Parliament, office of the Senate Ethics Officer or office of the Conflict of Interest and Ethics Commissioner; and
(b) prescribing anything that is by this Act to be prescribed by regulation of the Governor in Council.
- R.S., 1985, c. 31 (4th Supp.), s. 93;
- 2004, c. 7, s. 30;
- 2006, c. 9, s. 25.
94. to 99. [Amendments]
100. to 103. [Amendments]
TRANSITIONAL PROVISIONS, REPEAL AND COMING INTO FORCE
104. and 105. [Repealed, R.S., 1985, c. 31 (4th Supp.), s. 106]
- Date modified: