Marginal note:Parliamentary Poet Laureate
(2) The Speaker of the Senate and the Speaker of the House of Commons, acting together, shall select the Parliamentary Poet Laureate from a list of three names submitted in confidence by a committee chaired by the Parliamentary Librarian and also composed of the Librarian and Archivist of Canada, the Commissioner of Official Languages for Canada and the Chair of the Canada Council.
(3) The Parliamentary Poet Laureate holds office for a term not exceeding two years, at the pleasure of the Speaker of the Senate and the Speaker of the House of Commons acting together.
Marginal note:Roles and responsibilities
(4) The Parliamentary Poet Laureate may
(a) write poetry, especially for use in Parliament on occasions of state;
(b) sponsor poetry readings;
(c) give advice to the Parliamentary Librarian regarding the collection of the Library and acquisitions to enrich its cultural holdings; and
(d) perform such other related duties as are requested by either Speaker or the Parliamentary Librarian.
- 2001, c. 36, s. 1;
- 2004, c. 11, s. 35.
Marginal note:Salaries of Librarians
Marginal note:Salaries of other officers and employees
(2) The salaries of the officers, other than those referred to in subsection (1), and of the clerks and servants of the Library shall be fixed according to the scale provided by law.
- R.S., c. L-7, s. 7.
77 The salaries of the officers, clerks and servants of the Library of Parliament and any casual expenses connected therewith shall be paid out of moneys provided by Parliament for that purpose.
- R.S., c. L-7, s. 8.
Marginal note:Duties of Librarians and staff
78 The Parliamentary Librarian, the Associate Parliamentary Librarian, the Parliamentary Budget Officer and the other officers, clerks and servants of the Library are responsible for the faithful discharge of their official duties, as defined, subject to this Act, by regulations agreed on by the Speakers of the two Houses of Parliament and concurred in by the joint committee referred to in section 74.
- R.S., 1985, c. P-1, s. 78;
- 2006, c. 9, s. 115.
- Date modified: