Marginal note:Designation of inspectors
(1.1) The President of the Canada Border Services Agency may designate inspectors under paragraph 9(2)(b) of the Canada Border Services Agency Act for the purposes of enforcing this Act.
Marginal note:Certificate to be produced
(2) Inspectors shall be given certificates in a form established by the President of the Canadian Food Inspection Agency or the President of the Canada Border Services Agency, as the case may be, attesting to their designation and, on entering any place under this Act, an inspector shall show the certificate to the person in charge of the place if the person requests proof of the inspector’s designation.
- 1990, c. 22, s. 21;
- 1997, c. 6, s. 82;
- 2005, c. 38, s. 123.
Marginal note:Inspectors may exercise Minister’s powers
22. (1) An inspector may, subject to any restrictions or limitations specified by the Minister, exercise any of the powers and perform any of the duties or functions of the Minister under this Act, except the powers mentioned in subsection 15(3).
Marginal note:Powers concerning movement and loading
(2) For the purpose of determining whether a conveyance or other thing is free of any pest, an inspector may
(a) permit or require the conveyance or other thing to be moved or prohibit its movement; or
(b) prohibit or interrupt the loading, unloading or partial loading of the conveyance or other thing or permit or require the conveyance or other thing to be loaded, unloaded or partially loaded.
Marginal note:Impeding inspector
23. (1) No person shall obstruct or hinder or make any false or misleading statement either orally or in writing to an inspector who is performing duties or functions under this Act or the regulations.
Marginal note:Assistance to inspectors
(2) The owner or the person in charge of a place entered by an inspector under section 25 and every person found in the place shall
(a) give the inspector all reasonable assistance in the owner’s or person’s power to enable the inspector to perform duties and functions under this Act or the regulations; and
(b) furnish the inspector with such information relevant to the administration of this Act or the regulations as the inspector may reasonably require.
Marginal note:Assistance of peace officer
(3) A peace officer shall provide such assistance as an inspector may request for the purpose of enforcing this Act or the regulations.
- Date modified: