Marginal note:Disclosure to law enforcement agencies
65. (1) The Centre may disclose to the appropriate law enforcement agencies any information of which it becomes aware under section 62, 63 or 63.1 and that it suspects on reasonable grounds is evidence of a contravention of Part 1.
Marginal note:Compliance of persons or entities
(2) For the purpose of ensuring compliance with Part 1, the Centre may disclose to or receive from any agency or body that regulates or supervises persons or entities to whom Part 1 applies information relating to the compliance of those persons or entities with that Part.
(3) Any information disclosed by the Centre under subsection (2) may be used by an agency or body referred to in that subsection only for purposes relating to compliance with Part 1.
- 2000, c. 17, s. 65;
- 2004, c. 15, s. 101;
- 2006, c. 12, s. 36.
Marginal note:Agreements and arrangements
65.1 (1) The Centre may enter into an agreement or arrangement, in writing, with an institution or agency of a foreign state that has powers and duties, similar to those of the Centre, with respect to verifying compliance with requirements to identify persons or entities, keep and retain records or make reports, or with an international organization made up of such institutions or agencies and established by the governments of states, that stipulates
(a) that the Centre and the institution, agency or organization may exchange information about the compliance of persons and entities with those requirements and about the assessment of risk related to their compliance;
(b) that the information may only be used for purposes relevant to ensuring compliance with the requirements and to assessing risk related to compliance; and
(c) that the information will be treated in a confidential manner and not be further disclosed without the express consent of the Centre.
(2) The Centre may, in accordance with the agreement or arrangement, provide the institution, agency or organization with information referred to in the agreement or arrangement.
Marginal note:Usefulness of information
(3) When the Centre receives information from an institution, agency or organization under an agreement or arrangement, the Centre may provide it with an evaluation of whether the information is useful to the Centre.
- 2006, c. 12, s. 37.
Contracts and Agreements
Marginal note:Power to enter into
66. (1) The Centre may, for the purpose of exercising its powers or performing its duties and functions under this Part, enter into contracts, memoranda of understanding and other agreements with a department or an agency of the Government of Canada or the government of a province and with any other person or organization, whether inside or outside Canada, in its own name or in the name of Her Majesty in right of Canada.
Marginal note:Agreements re databases
(2) Agreements relating to the Centre’s collection of information from databases referred to in paragraph 54(b) must specify the nature of and limits with respect to the information that the Centre may collect from those databases.
(3) Despite subsection (1), only the Minister may enter into an agreement or arrangement referred to in subsection 56(1).
- Date modified: