Marginal note:Disability payments
28. Where a contributor who
(a) is less than 60 years of age, in the case of a Group 1 contributor described in subsection 12(0.1), or is less than 65 years of age, in the case of a Group 2 contributor described in subsection 12.1(1), and
(b) is in receipt of an annuity payable under this Part in respect of a disability previously incurred by him,
is certified, in accordance with the regulations, to have regained his health or to be capable of performing the duties of his former position in the public service or any other position in the public service commensurate with his qualifications, he ceases to be entitled to that annuity and thereupon is entitled to a deferred annuity.
- R.S., 1985, c. P-36, s. 28;
- 2003, c. 22, s. 225(E);
- 2012, c. 31, s. 494.
Marginal note:Persons re-employed
29. If a person who is entitled, under any of subsections 12(1), 12.1(2), 13(1) or 13.001(1) or any regulations made for the purposes of section 24.2, to an annuity or an annual allowance is re-employed in the public service and becomes a contributor under this Part, whatever right or claim that he or she may have to the annuity or annual allowance shall be terminated without delay, but the period of service on which the benefit was based, except any period specified in clause 6(1)(a)(iii)(C) or (E), may be counted by that person as pensionable service for the purposes of subsection 6(1), except that if that person, on ceasing to be so re-employed, exercises his or her option under this Part in favour of a return of contributions, or is not entitled under this Part to any benefit other than a return of contributions, the amount so returned shall not include any amount paid into the Superannuation Account or the Public Service Pension Fund to his or her credit at any time before the time when he or she became re-employed, but whatever right or claim that, but for this section, he or she would have had to the annuity or annual allowance on ceasing to be so re-employed shall then be restored to him or her.
- R.S., 1985, c. P-36, s. 29;
- 1992, c. 46, s. 15;
- 1999, c. 34, s. 79;
- 2003, c. 22, s. 225(E);
- 2012, c. 31, s. 495.
Marginal note:Failure to apply for re-employment
30. Where, in any Act of Parliament, it is provided that a contributor who leaves the public service for employment outside of it continues to be a contributor under this Part during that employment and is eligible, in the event of being retired from that employment, to be re-employed in the public service, if the contributor, having been retired from that employment but not having reached sixty years of age and not being disabled, fails to apply for re-employment in the public service or refuses to accept a position in the public service that, in the opinion of the Minister, is commensurate with his or her qualifications, he or she is deemed to have ceased to be employed in the public service, not having reached sixty years of age, for a reason other than disability.
- R.S., 1985, c. P-36, s. 30;
- 1999, c. 34, s. 80;
- 2003, c. 22, s. 225(E).
- Date modified: