Undeliverable and Redirected Mail Regulations
C.R.C., c. 1298
Regulations Providing for the Disposition of Undeliverable and Redirected Mail
2. In these Regulations,
- “address mail”
“address mail”[Repealed, SOR/88-442, s. 1]
- “redirected mail”
“redirected mail” means mail that cannot be delivered as addressed because the addressee has filed with the Corporation a request to redirect mail form; (envoi réexpédié)
- “request mail”
“request mail”[Repealed, SOR/88-442, s. 1]
- “request to redirect mail”
“request to redirect mail”[Repealed, SOR/90-16, s. 1]
- “undeliverable mail”
“undeliverable mail” means mail that for any cause cannot be delivered to the addressee and includes any mail the delivery of which is prohibited by law or is refused by the addressee or on which postage due is not paid by the sender on demand. (objet non livrable ou envoi tombé en rebut ou rebuts)
- SOR/86-1106, s. 1;
- SOR/88-442, s. 1;
- SOR/90-16, s. 1;
- SOR/98-558, s. 3(E).
3. These Regulations apply to undeliverable and redirected mail.
4. Subject to sections 5 and 6, and on payment of the applicable fee for a redirection of mail, redirected mail shall be delivered to the addressee at the forwarding address left by that person.
- SOR/82-29, s. 1;
- SOR/86-1106, s. 2;
- SOR/87-165, s. 1;
- SOR/88-442, s. 2;
- SOR/98-556, s. 1;
- SOR/2003-382, s. 7(F).
4.1 and 4.2 [Repealed, SOR/94-209, s. 1]
5. (1) Where mail is addressed to an individual, or to the attention of an individual, at the address of an organization, an association, a corporation or an establishment that has the character of a commercial enterprise, that mail shall not be redirected by the Corporation for delivery to that individual at a forwarding address in or outside Canada, notwithstanding that the individual has filed with the Corporation a request to redirect mail form.
(2) Subject to sections 6 and 7, where a person files with the Corporation a request to redirect mail form setting out a forwarding address outside Canada, the Corporation shall redirect that person’s mail to the forwarding address unless the sender of the mail requests that it not be redirected.
(3) Where redirected mail that is letter mail bears on its cover a request for return to sender and the sender has entered into an agreement with the corporation for such return, it shall be returned to the sender.
(4) If the name of the addressee on addressed admail is followed by the words “or occupant” or similar wording, that mail shall not be redirected by the Corporation.
- SOR/79-65, s. 1;
- SOR/79-813, s. 1(F);
- SOR/86-107, s. 1;
- SOR/86-1106, s. 3;
- SOR/90-16, s. 2;
- SOR/91-183, s. 1;
- SOR/92-699, s. 2;
- SOR/98-556, s. 2;
- SOR/2003-382, s. 8(F).
- Date modified: