(ss. 6 and 22)
The following consumer textile articles are exempt from section 3 of the Act:
1. Articles that are intended for a one-time use only.
2. Any of the following articles that have incorporated in them a textile fibre product:
(a) overshoes, boots, shoes, indoor slippers, footwear liners and insoles;
(b) handbags, luggage, carrying cases and brushes;
(c) toys, ornaments, pictures, lamp shades, tapestries, wall hangings, wall coverings, room dividers, screens, book covers, book marks, gift wrap, flags and pennants;
(d) sports and games equipment other than sport garments;
(e) lawn and beach furniture, including lawn and beach umbrellas and parasols and hammocks;
(f) playpens, crib-pens, strollers, jumpers, walkers and car seats for infants or children;
(g) labels, adhesive tapes and sheets, cleaning cloths and wipers, therapeutic devices and heating pads;
(h) pet accessories; and
(i) musical instruments and accessories.
3. Belts, suspenders, arm bands, garters, sanitary belts and bandages.
4. [Revoked, SOR/94-247, s. 19]
5. Consumer textile articles in which any textile fibre product that is present serves
(a) a purpose that is served in consumer textile articles by findings, or a purpose analogous thereto; or
(b) as filling or stuffing.
6. Straw or felt headwear, padding or helmets worn in sports, curler head covers, hair nets and shower caps.
7. Carpet underpadding.
8. Non-fibrous materials that do not have a fabric support, including films and foams.
9. Household twine, string, craft ribbon not intended to be used in the construction of prescribed consumer textile articles, baler twine, binder twine and gift wrap ribbon.
- SOR/87-247, ss. 21, 22;
- SOR/94-247, ss. 18 to 22.
- Date modified: