20. Where the consumer textile article is embroidery thread, crochet thread or tapestry yarn and the information required by section 11 is shown in the manner prescribed by these Regulations,
(a) when the article is offered for sale to the public, in a label that is affixed to the case or stand in or on which the article is displayed or on a sign surmounting or in the immediate vicinity of such article, or
(b) when the article is sold by one dealer to another dealer, on the container in which the article is delivered to the purchasing dealer or in a label, bill of sale or other paper that is delivered to him with the article,
the label, sign, bill of sale or other paper shall be, for the purposes of the Act and these Regulations, a disclosure label applied to such consumer textile article.
- SOR/94-247, s. 9.
21. (1) Where a consumer textile article is sold to the consumer in a wrapper, package or container, the information that is required by section 11 to be shown in a label shall be shown on such wrapper, package or container and in the prescribed manner unless the disclosure label is applied and the article wrapped, packaged or contained in such a manner that the information in the label is clearly visible to the prospective purchaser when the article is in the wrapper, package or container.
(2) Where the information required by section 11 is shown on a wrapper, package or container pursuant to subsection (1) and the consumer textile article is
(a) included in Schedule III, or
(b) enclosed in the wrapper, package or container only as a premium and the main product being sold therein is not a textile fibre product,
the wrapper, package or container shall be, for the purposes of the Act and these Regulations, a disclosure label applied to such consumer textile article.
22. Any representation as to the textile fibre content of a consumer textile article by a dealer in advertising the article shall be made in accordance with sections 23 and 24 unless
(a) the consumer textile article is included in Schedule II or is not prescribed;
(b) the advertisement appears in a newspaper, magazine or other periodical that is published for and distributed to dealers; or
(c) the advertising is done by means other than written words, depiction, television or radio.
- SOR/87-247, s. 9;
- SOR/94-247, s. 10.
23. A representation that is subject to the requirement in section 22 shall show
(a) the textile fibre content of the consumer textile article in the manner prescribed in Part III except that the amount in which each textile fibre is present in the article is not required to be shown, but where any representation as to any such amount is made, the amount shall be shown in the manner prescribed in the said Part; and
(b) where there is a representation that the article or any fabric or fibre therein is imported, the name of the country of origin.
- Date modified: