39. (1) Where a trader acquires a measuring machine for use in trade that is part of a receiving or dispensing system installed on a vehicle, he shall make a report in writing to the nearest Measurement Canada office within five days from the date of the acquisition containing the following information:
(a) the name and address of the trader;
(b) the make, model and serial number of the machine;
(c) the range of flow rate or capacity of the machine;
(d) the make, fleet and unit number of the vehicle on which the machine is installed;
(e) the address, if known, at which the machine was located prior to the acquisition; and
(f) the new address at which the machine can be inspected.
(2) Where a trader who owns or holds in his possession for use in trade a machine described in subsection (1) changes the address at which the machine can be found for inspection, he shall, within five days after the date of changing the address, make a report in writing to the nearest Measurement Canada office containing the information required by paragraphs (1)(a), (b), (c), (d) and (f) and the address at which the machine could have been inspected prior to the change of address.
- SOR/93-234, s. 2(F);
- SOR/2005-297, s. 40.
Written Notice Subsequent to Repairing Device
40. (1) A device that is of a class or type referred to in subsection 4(1) or a device used in a trade transaction referred to in section 7 is exempt from paragraphs 29(a) and (b) and section 30 of the Act.
(2) The written notice referred to in subparagraph 29(a)(ii) of the Act shall be forwarded to the nearest Measurement Canada office within five days from the date of the repair of the device and shall contain the following information:
(a) the name and address of the person who made the repair;
(b) the name and address of the person to whom the repaired device will be sent;
(c) if known to the person who made the repair, the address of the place where the device will be located for inspection, if that address is different from the address referred to in paragraph (b);
(d) the date of completion of the repair;
(e) the make, model and serial number of the device;
(f) the range of flow rate or capacity of the device;
(g) a description of the repair made;
(h) a description of the tests made after the repair to determine the accuracy of the device, the results of such tests and the equipment used for the testing;
(i) [Repealed, SOR/81-623, s. 1]
(j) whether the person who made the repair removed or broke or found removed or broken any marking, tag or seal placed on or attached to the device by an inspector or a person who had previously adjusted, altered or repaired the device, and, where possible, a description of such marking, tag or seal; and
(k) where the person who made the repair removed or broke or found removed or broken any seal, whether he replaced it with another seal and, if so, a description of that seal and the number of the seal, if any.
- SOR/81-623, s. 1;
- SOR/93-234, s. 2(F);
- SOR/2005-297, ss. 40, 41(F), 43.
- Date modified: