Tolerances for Local Standards
54. (1) Subject to subsection (2), the amount set out in Column II of an item in the appropriate Part of Schedule IV is hereby prescribed to be the tolerance for the purpose of subsection 13(1) of the Act for a local standard that has a nominal value set out in Column I of that item.
(2) If the nominal value of a local standard is not set out in column I of the appropriate Part of Schedule IV, the tolerance for that standard shall be the amount resulting from linear interpolation between the tolerances set out in column II of that Part in respect of the nominal values set out in column I that are nearest to the nominal value of the standard.
(3) The tolerances set out in Parts XI and XII of Schedule IV for the nominal value of cylindrical graduated standards are also the tolerances for any other values that are marked on those standards as intermediate graduations.
(4) For the purposes of subsection 13(1) of the Act, the tolerance for a local standard referred to in subsection 56(2) at any point within the measuring range designated by the owner of the standard for the purpose of use of the standard is two per cent of the value or reading of that point indicated by the reference standard.
- SOR/86-132, s. 1;
- SOR/89-570, s. 6(F);
- SOR/2005-297, s. 12;
- SOR/2014-111, s. 26.
55. [Repealed, SOR/90-118, s. 16]
Calibration and Certification of Local Standards
56. (1) Every local standard described in column I of the table to this subsection shall be calibrated and certified at least once within the period set out in column II.
Item Column I Column II Local Standard Period 1. A weight, other than a weight referred to in items 2 to 4, that is used by an inspector in examining devices for use in trade 1 year 2. A weight that is retained in one location and that is used exclusively in examining discontinuous totalizing weighing systems at that location 5 years 3. A weight, other than a troy weight, that is retained at a Measurement Canada office 5 years 4. A troy weight that is retained at a Measurement Canada office 10 years 5. A static volumetric measure other than a measure described in item 6 1 years 6. A static volumetric measure that is made of glass 10 years 7. A stoppered pycnometer standard 10 years 8. A volumetric liquid measuring machine, other than a volumetric liquid meter, that has a valve or any other moving or movable part that has or can have an effect on the accuracy of the machine 4 years 9. A volumetric standard not otherwise provided for in this table 2 years 10. A linear static measure 10 years 11. A standard of temperature (a) of the glass capillary type 10 years (b) of any other type 2 years 12. A standard of density of the pressure hydrometer type 10 years 13. A standard of electricity measuring watt hours 1 years 14. A standard of electricity measuring volt ampere hours 1 years 15. A standard of electricity measuring var hours 1 years 16. A standard of electricity measuring amperes rms 5 years 17. A standard of electricity measuring volts rms 5 years
(2) Where the tolerance for a local standard is that referred to in subsection 54(4), every local standard described in column I of the table to this subsection shall be calibrated and certified at least once within the period set out in column II.
Item Column I Column II Local Standard Period 1. Any electricity measuring standard not specified in subsection (1) 1 years 2. Any gas measuring standard not specified in subsection (1) 2 years
- SOR/93-234, s. 2(F);
- SOR/2005-297, s. 13;
- SOR/2014-111, ss. 27, 46.
- Date modified: