54.2 (1) Subject to subsection (2), no person shall market honey in interprovincial trade unless the honey
(a) is prepared in a registered establishment;
(b) meets the requirements of the appropriate grade or standard set out in these Regulations; and
(c) is packaged and labelled in accordance with these Regulations.
(2) Honey may be marketed in interprovincial trade without meeting the requirements of subsection (1) if
(a) the honey is packed in bulk containers;
(b) the containers are labelled with the name and address of the producer or packer; and
(c) the honey is being conveyed to a registered establishment for the purposes of colour classification, grading, repacking or reprocessing.
- SOR/98-153, s. 6;
- SOR/2004-80, s. 1(E).
Seizure and Detention
55. (1) Where an inspector seizes and detains honey or other thing pursuant to section 23 of the Act, the inspector shall affix to the container of honey or to the other thing, a detention tag on which the following is clearly marked:
(a) the words “UNDER DETENTION” and “RETENU” in bold-face letters;
(b) an identification number;
(c) a description of the honey or thing;
(d) the reason for the seizure and detention;
(e) the date of the seizure and detention; and
(f) the name of the inspector, in block letters, and the signature of the inspector.
(2) No person shall alter, deface or remove a detention tag affixed to a container of honey or to any other thing unless the person is authorized to do so by an inspector.
- SOR/91-370, s. 5.
56. (1) An inspector shall, after detaining any honey or other thing in accordance with subsection 55(1), forthwith deliver or mail a notice of detention
(a) to the person having the care or custody of the honey or other thing at the place where it was seized;
(b) to the owner of the honey or other thing that was seized or to the owner’s agent; and
(c) where the honey or other thing is removed from the place where it was seized to another place in accordance with subsection 19(5) or 25(1) of the Act, to the person having the care or custody of the honey or other thing at that other place.
(2) A notice of detention referred to in subsection (1) shall state that the honey or other thing was seized and detained pursuant to section 23 of the Act and shall set out
(a) the detention tag identification number;
(b) a description of the honey or other thing;
(c) the reason for the seizure and detention;
(d) the date of seizure and detention;
(e) the name of the inspector, in block letters, and the signature of the inspector;
(f) the place of detention; and
(g) the telephone number to call for further information in respect of the seizure and detention.
- SOR/91-370, s. 5.
- Date modified: