17. (1) No person who is suffering from or is a known carrier of a communicable disease or who has an open and infected lesion shall work in any area of a registered establishment where there is a danger of contaminating a food product or a food product contact surface with pathogenic micro-organisms.
(2) Every person engaged in the preparation, packaging, marking, storing or other handling of a food product in a registered establishment shall clean his hands thoroughly immediately after using toilet facilities and as frequently as necessary to prevent the contamination of a food product.
(3) Every person handling a food product in a registered establishment shall wear sanitary clothing and hair covering and, where gloves are used in the handling of a food product, only gloves that are made of an impermeable material and are maintained in a sound, clean and sanitary condition.
(4) No person shall use tobacco in any form, chew gum or consume food of any kind except water dispensed from a drinking fountain in any part of a registered establishment in which a food product is prepared, packaged, marked, stored or otherwise handled.
(5) No person engaged in the preparation or packaging of a food product in a registered establishment shall wear an object or use a substance that may fall into or otherwise contaminate the food product.
- SOR/79-918, s. 4;
- SOR/82-720, s. 1;
- SOR/86-622, s. 3;
- SOR/87-372, s. 2;
- SOR/2003-6, s. 47(F);
- SOR/2011-205, s. 36(F).
18. and 19. [Repealed, SOR/2003-6, s. 48]
20. Containers used to pack the canned fruit and vegetable products set out in column I of an item of Table I to Schedule III shall meet the specifications prescribed in columns II and III of that item.
- SOR/87-133, s. 2.
21. (1) Subject to subsection (2), containers used to pack the frozen fruit and vegetable products set out in column I of an item of Table II of Schedule III shall meet the specifications prescribed for that item in that Table.
(2) Containers of a size smaller than the smallest size prescribed for items (3) to (9) of Table II of Schedule III, respectively, may be used to pack the vegetable products set out in column I of those items.
- SOR/87-133, s. 2;
- SOR/89-266, s. 1;
- SOR/2013-76, s. 2.
22. Containers used to pack the fruit and vegetable products set out in column I of an item of Table III to Schedule III shall meet the specifications prescribed in columns II and III of that item.
- SOR/87-133, s. 2.
23. [Repealed, SOR/2001-80, s. 1]
24. The volume capacity of glass or other types of containers not made of metal shall be equal to the volume capacity of metal containers for the various products set out in Table I and Table III of Schedule III.
- SOR/89-266, s. 2.
- Date modified: