24.1 [Repealed, SOR/89-266, s. 3]
25. (1) Notwithstanding sections 20 to 23 and subject to subsection (4), any fruit or vegetable products set out in Tables I to IV of Schedule III may be marketed in containers of a volume or weight exceeding the greatest volume or weight set out in those Tables where
(a) the containers hold,
(i) for a product packed by weight, a net quantity of product that is not more than 20 kg, or
(ii) for a product packed by volume, a net quantity of product that is not more than 20 L;
(b) the net quantity of product declared on the labels of containers is a whole number multiple of 500 g for a product packed by weight or of 500 mL for a product packed by volume; and
(c) the containers are labelled in accordance with Part IV.
(d) and (e) [Repealed, SOR/2013-76, s. 3]
(2) Despite section 20, containers of a size smaller than the smallest size specified in Table I of Schedule III may be used to pack the fruit and vegetable juices and concentrated apple juice set out in that Table.
(3) Despite section 22, containers of a size smaller than the smallest size specified in Table III of Schedule III may be used to pack the fruit juices, jams, jellies, marmalades, grape juice, concentrated grape juice, grape juice from concentrate, pickles, relishes, chutneys, olives, horseradish sauce and creamed horseradish set out in that Table.
(4) and (5) [Repealed, SOR/2013-76, s. 3]
- SOR/80-762, s. 2;
- SOR/82-672, s. 1;
- SOR/87-133, s. 3;
- SOR/93-496, s. 3;
- SOR/2001-80, s. 2;
- SOR/2003-6, s. 49;
- SOR/2013-76, s. 3.
Standard of Fill
26. (1) The minimum net and drained weights, and the average drained weights of containers for canned fruits and vegetables set out in Table I of Schedule IV, are as prescribed in that Table.
(2) The maximum head space for metal containers set out in Table II of Schedule IV are as prescribed in that Table.
(3) The minimum fill of containers for frozen fruits and vegetables is a fill of not less than 90 per cent of the inner capacity of the container.
(4) The percentage of drained solids of Beans with Pork or Beans with Pork and Tomato Sauce or Vegetarian Beans, as specified in sections 28 and 29 of Schedule II, shall be determined by an acceptable method.
(5) The percentage of drained solids of Canned Tomatoes, as specified in section 52 of Table I of Schedule I, shall be determined by an acceptable method.
(6) The net and drained weights of canned fruits and vegetables, as specified in Table I of Schedule IV, except those products mentioned in subsections (4) and (5), shall be determined by an acceptable method.
- SOR/80-762, s. 3;
- SOR/85-775, s. 1;
- SOR/95-548, s. 2.
27. Notwithstanding section 26, all containers of fruit and vegetable products shall be filled as full as processing will permit and no more syrup, brine or water shall be added than is necessary for proper processing.
- Date modified: