IMPORTATION OF FODDER
54. No person shall import into Canada from any country other than the United States any fodder to be used to feed ruminants, swine or horses except grains, cereals and seeds.
- SOR/97-85, s. 43.
IMPORTATION OF PACKING MATERIAL, BEEHIVES AND BEESWAX
55. (1) No person shall import into Canada hay, straw or grasses in which merchandise, goods or articles are packed unless
(a) the shipment is accompanied by a certificate of an official veterinarian of the exporting country showing that the hay, straw or grasses were disinfected in a manner approved by the Minister; or
(b) where no such certificate accompanies the shipment, the hay, straw or grasses are without delay
(i) disinfected under the supervision of an inspector at a fumigation station approved by the Minister, or
(2) Notwithstanding subsection (1), hay, straw or grasses in which merchandise, goods or articles are packed may be imported into Canada from a country of origin or part of such a country designated by the Minister as free of foot-and-mouth disease pursuant to section 7.
- SOR/97-85, s. 44;
- SOR/2012-286, s. 54(E).
56. [Repealed, SOR/97-85, s. 45]
Beehives and Beeswax
57. No person shall import into Canada
(a) used beehives or used beehive equipment; or
(b) bee products for bee feeding unless
(i) they are accompanied by a certificate stating that they have been treated in a manner approved by the Minister to prevent the introduction or spread of any disease, or
(ii) they are transported under seal of an inspector direct from the point of importation to an establishment approved by the Minister for treatment.
- SOR/97-85, s. 46.
QUARANTINE OF IMPORTED ANIMALS
Quarantine Ports and Inspection Ports
58. (1) Except as otherwise provided in these Regulations, every animal imported into Canada may be admitted only at a quarantine port, an inspection port or other place approved by the Minister.
(2) Every animal imported into Canada by air from any country other than the United States may be admitted only at Gander, Halifax, Montreal, Toronto, Winnipeg, Calgary, Edmonton, Vancouver or other place approved by the Minister.
(3) Except as otherwise provided in these Regulations, every animal imported into Canada is subject to inspection, testing and treatment at a quarantine port, an inspection port or other place approved by the Minister for inspection purposes.
59. The Minister may, for the purpose of preventing the introduction of communicable disease into Canada or into any other country from Canada, require any animal imported into Canada to be quarantined, and the provisions of section 91.4 apply.
- SOR/97-85, s. 47.
- Date modified: