107. Where a commodity that is
(a) raw wool, hair or bristles,
(b) untanned hides and skins,
(c) animal glands and organs, or
has been imported into Canada from any country other than the United States, it shall be cleaned, disinfected or treated at the establishment approved by the Minister for that purpose and to which it was transported.
- SOR/97-85, s. 67.
108. Every place or thing required to be cleaned and disinfected pursuant to sections 104 to 106 shall be cleaned and disinfected
(a) where applicable, by removing all animal matter, manure, litter and refuse therefrom; and
(b) by applying a disinfectant under the supervision or to the satisfaction of an inspector.
109. (1) A veterinary inspector may order the person conducting a public sale, auction or market of livestock to clean and disinfect the place where such sale, auction or market is conducted, under the supervision or to the satisfaction of an inspector within a time specified by the veterinary inspector.
(2) If the place where a public sale, auction or market of livestock is held is not thoroughly cleaned and disinfected in accordance with the notice of a veterinary inspector, no sale, auction or market of livestock shall be held in such place without the consent of the Minister.
Samples of Milk and Cream from Dairies, etc.
110. Every sample of milk or cream supplied by the operator of a cheese factory, creamery or dairy on the request of the Minister pursuant to section 6 of the Act shall
(a) be refrigerated to a temperature not below 4°C (40°F) and not above 7°C (45°F); and
(b) contain potassium dichromate or other preservative of a strength and quantity that will preserve the sample but not affect the test results.
- SOR/92-585, s. 2;
- SOR/95-475, s. 4(E).
Meat, Meat By-products or Carcasses in Feeding Livestock or Poultry
111. [Repealed, SOR/2008-20, s. 1]
112. No person shall feed meat, meat by-products or food that is suspected to contain meat or meat by-products to swine or poultry, or permit swine or poultry to have access to the meat or by-products.
- SOR/85-689, s. 10;
- SOR/97-85, s. 68;
- SOR/2002-334, s. 1;
- SOR/2008-20, s. 1.
- SOR/79-839, s. 30;
- SOR/97-85, s. 68.
- Date modified: