6.5 (1) Except in accordance with a permit issued under section 160, no person shall feed to any animal material in any form — whether or not incorporated into another thing — that is derived from specified risk material.
(2) Subsection (1) does not apply to a person who feeds a pet food, pet chew or pet treat to an animal if
(a) the country of origin of that product is the United States;
(b) the person, on entry into Canada from the United States, was in possession of the product and was accompanied by the animal to which it is fed;
(c) the person legally imported both the product and the animal into Canada; and
(d) the product is fed only to the animal that accompanied the person into Canada.
- SOR/2006-147, s. 13;
- SOR/2009-18, s. 5.
6.6 Sections 6.4 and 6.5 do not apply in respect of material produced as a result of the destruction of specified risk material in accordance with a permit issued under section 160 for the purpose of section 6.4 if the material would not, or would not be likely to, result in the spread within Canada of Bovine Spongiform Encephalopathy.
- SOR/2006-147, s. 13.
7. (1) For the purpose of preventing the introduction of a disease into Canada from an animal or thing imported into Canada, the Minister may designate a country or part of a country as being free of a disease or as posing a negligible risk for a disease.
(1.1) The designation shall be in writing and be based on the following criteria respecting the country or part of the country that is the subject of the designation:
(a) the prevalence of the disease;
(b) the time since the most recent outbreak of the disease;
(c) the disease surveillance programs in effect;
(d) the measures taken to prevent the introduction or spread of the disease;
(e) the natural barriers to the movement of the disease;
(f) the zoosanitary infrastructure; and
(g) any other criteria relevant to the state, extent or propagation of the disease.
(2) The Minister may amend or repeal the designation.
(3) For the purpose of these Regulations, the Minister may describe, in writing, a part of a country.
- SOR/79-839, s. 5;
- SOR/97-85, s. 3;
- SOR/2007-24, s. 3.
8. (1) The Minister may accept a certificate or any other document referred to in this Part, any of Parts III to VIII or Part XVI that is transmitted in electronic form, including by facsimile.
(2) Every person who imports anything in respect of which a certificate or other document has been transmitted in electronic form to the Minister shall, upon the Minister’s request, provide the Minister with an original signed copy of the certificate or document.
- SOR/78-69, s. 6;
- SOR/79-839, s. 6;
- SOR/97-85, s. 3;
- SOR/98-409, s. 2;
- SOR/2001-210, s. 2;
- SOR/2010-296, s. 1.
- Date modified: