Hazardous Products (Pacifiers) Regulations
C.R.C., c. 930
Regulations Respecting the Advertising, Sale and Importation of Hazardous Products (Pacifiers)
2. In these Regulations,
“Act” means the Hazardous Products Act; (Loi)
“product” means a pacifier or similar product included in item 27 of Part II of Schedule I to the Act. (produit)
- SOR/91-265, s. 2.
3. A person may advertise, sell or import into Canada a product only if it meets the requirements of these Regulations.
- SOR/91-265, s. 3(F).
ADVERTISING AND LABELLING
4. (1) No reference, direct or indirect, to the Act or to these Regulations shall be made in any written material applied to or accompanying a product or in any advertisement thereof.
(2) No representation in respect of the use of or modification to a product shall be made in any written material applied to or accompanying the product or in any advertisement thereof, which use or modification would result in the failure of the product to meet a requirement of these Regulations.
- SOR/91-265, s. 4(F).
5. (1) [Revoked, SOR/92-586, s. 2]
(2) Every product, including all of its parts and components, shall meet the requirements of section 25 of the Toys Regulations.
(3) No product or any part or component of the product shall contain more than 10 micrograms per kilogram total volatile N-nitrosamines, as determined by dichloromethane extraction.
- SOR/84-272, s. 1;
- SOR/85-478, s. 1;
- SOR/92-586, s. 2;
- SOR/2011-17, s. 46.
DESIGN AND CONSTRUCTION
6. Every product shall
(a) be designed and constructed in such a manner as to protect the user, under reasonably foreseeable conditions of use, from
(i) obstruction of the pharyngeal orifice,
(iii) ingestion or aspiration of the product or any part or component thereof, and
(b) be designed and constructed so that,
(i) the nipple is attached to a guard or shield of such dimensions that it cannot pass through the opening in the template illustrated in Schedule I when the nipple is centered on the opening and a load of 2.2 pounds is applied axially to the nipple in such a way as to induce the guard or shield to pull through the opening in the template,
(ii) any loop of cord or other material attached to the product is not more than 14 inches in circumference,
(iii) when tested in accordance with the procedure described in Schedule II
(A) the nipple remains attached to the guard or shield described in subparagraph (i), and
(B) no part or component is separated or broken free from the product that will fit, in a non-compressed state, into the small parts cylinder illustrated in Schedule III, and
(iv) any ring or handle is hinged, collapsible or flexible.
- SOR/2004-65, s. 1.
- Date modified: