TEST FOR STABILITY OF THE PRODUCT
1. Assemble the product in accordance with the manufacturer's instructions.
2. Place the product on a sheet of 19 mm (3/4”) plywood of such a size that all support points or legs are at least 50 mm (1.97”) from any edge of the plywood.
3. Orient the product so that one set of support points or legs in the same plane is parallel to the edge of the plywood.
4. Place the 23 kg (51.6 lb.) test device described in Schedule VI on the floor of the product with the 300 mm (11.8”) edge parallel to the side of the product and as close as possible to the side of the product that is parallel to the edge of the plywood.
5. Tilt the plywood about the parallel edge until the plywood forms an angle of 10° with the horizontal.
6. Repeat the procedures set out in sections 2 to 5 so that the stability of the product is evaluated about each set of support points or legs in the same vertical plane.
NOTE: Downslope edges of the support points may be blocked to prevent slippage during the test.
- Date modified: