229.1 (1) The definitions in this subsection apply in this section.
- “public investment partnership”
“public investment partnership”, at any time, means a public partnership all or substantially all of the fair market value of the property of which is, at that time, attributable to the fair market value of property of the partnership that is
(a) units of public trusts (as defined in subsection 204.1(1));
(b) partnership interests in public partnerships;
(c) shares of the capital stock of public corporations; or
(d) any combination of properties referred to in paragraphs (a) to (c). (société de personnes de placement ouverte)
- “public partnership”
“public partnership”, at any time, means a partnership the partnership interests in which are, at that time, listed on a designated stock exchange in Canada if, at that time, the partnership carries on a business in Canada or is a Canadian partnership. (société de personnes ouverte)
Required Information Disclosure
(2) Every member of a partnership that is, at any time in a fiscal period of the partnership, a public partnership shall, within the time required by subsection (3),
(a) make public, in prescribed form, information in respect of the public partnership for the fiscal period by posting the prescribed form, in a manner that is accessible to the general public, on the Internet website of CDS Innovations Inc.; and
(b) notify the Minister in writing as to when the posting of the prescribed form, as required by paragraph (a), has been made.
Required Disclosure Time
(3) The time required for the members of a public partnership to satisfy the requirements of subsection (2) in respect of the public partnership for a fiscal period of the public partnership is
(a) subject to paragraph (b), on or before the day that is the earlier of
(i) 60 days after the end of the calendar year in which the fiscal period ends, and
(ii) four months after the end of the fiscal period; and
(b) where the public partnership is, at any time in the fiscal period, a public investment partnership, on or before the day that is 67 days after the end of the calendar year in which the fiscal period ends.
Obligation Fulfilled by One Partner Deemed Fulfilled by All
(4) Every member of a partnership that is required to satisfy the requirements of subsection (2) in respect of the partnership for a fiscal period of the partnership will be deemed to have satisfied those requirements if a particular member of the partnership, who has authority to act for the partnership, has satisfied those requirements in respect of the partnership for the fiscal period.
- NOTE: Application provisions are not included in the consolidated text;
- see relevant amending Acts and regulations. 2007, c. 35, s. 73.
- Date modified: