49. The Minister must provide the licensed dealers, pharmacies and licensing authorities who were issued a notice under subsection 48(1) with a notice of retraction of that notice if
(a) in the circumstance described in paragraph 48(2)(a), the requirements set out in subparagraphs (b)(i) and (ii) have been met and one year has elapsed since the notice was issued by the Minister; or
(b) in a circumstance described in any of paragraphs 48(2)(b) and (c) and (4)(a) to (f), the pharmacist named in the notice has
(i) requested in writing that a retraction of the notice be issued, and
(ii) provided a letter from the provincial professional licensing authority of the province, in which the pharmacist is registered or entitled to practise, in which the authority consents to the retraction of the notice.
- SOR/2003-134, s. 4;
- SOR/2010-221, s. 17.
50. to 52. [Repealed, SOR/2003-134, s. 4]
53. (1) No practitioner shall administer a narcotic to a person or animal, or prescribe, sell or provide a narcotic for a person or animal, except as authorized under this section or the Marihuana Medical Access Regulations.
(2) Subject to subsections (3) and (4), a practitioner may administer a narcotic to a person or animal, or prescribe, sell or provide a narcotic for a person or animal, if
(a) the person or animal is a patient under his professional treatment; and
(b) the narcotic is required for the condition for which the person or animal is receiving treatment.
(3) No practitioner shall administer methadone to a person or animal, or prescribe, sell or provide methadone for a person or animal, unless the practitioner is exempted under section 56 of the Act with respect to methadone.
(4) A practitioner of medicine, dentistry or veterinary medicine shall not administer diacetylmorphine (heroin) to an animal or to a person who is not an in-patient or out-patient of a hospital providing care or treatment to persons, and shall not prescribe, sell or provide diacetylmorphine (heroin) for an animal or such a person.
- SOR/85-930, s. 7;
- SOR/99-124, s. 6;
- SOR/2001-227, s. 71;
- SOR/2004-237, s. 20;
- SOR/2012-230, s. 22.
54. (1) A practitioner who sells or provides a narcotic to a person for self-administration or for administration to an animal shall, whether or not the practitioner charges for the narcotic, keep a record showing the name and quantity of the narcotic sold or provided, the name and address of the person to whom it was sold or provided and the date on which it was sold or provided, if the quantity of the narcotic exceeds
(a) three times the maximum daily dosage recommended by the producer, maker or assembler of the narcotic for that narcotic; or
(b) three times the generally recognized maximum daily therapeutic dosage for the narcotic if the producer, maker or assembler has not recommended a maximum daily dosage
(2) A practitioner who is required by this section to keep a record shall keep the record in a place, form and manner that will permit an inspector readily to examine and obtain information from it.
- SOR/2004-237, s. 21.
- Date modified: