11. (1) No person shall operate a commercial vehicle on a driveway without the consent of the Commission.
(2) Subsection (1) does not apply to
(a) a person engaged in the delivery or collection of goods or persons to or from any property adjoining a driveway to which there is no other means of entry or exit if
(i) the commercial vehicle operated by such person enters and leaves the driveway by the intersecting street that is nearest to that property, and
(ii) the operation of the commercial vehicle on the driveway occurs between midnight and noon;
(b) a person operating a commercial vehicle in the course of the business of the Commission;
(c) a person operating a taxicab;
(d) a person operating a commercial vehicle that
(i) is being used as a camper van, and
(ii) has no advertising displayed thereon;
(e) a person operating a light van or pick-up truck that
(i) is used for personal transportation only,
(ii) has a gross registered weight not exceeding 5,000 pounds, and
(iii) has no advertising, or lettering, other than the name of the owner thereof, displayed thereon; or
(f) a person operating a commercial vehicle that has a gross registered weight not exceeding 8,000 pounds over the Portage Bridge between the City of Hull and Wellington Street in the City of Ottawa.
Reporting of Accidents
12. Every operator, owner or person in charge of a vehicle that is involved in an accident on property of the Commission shall report the accident forthwith to a member of the Royal Canadian Mounted Police and furnish him with such information concerning the accident as he may require.
13. No person shall operate
(a) a motor vehicle on any property of the Commission other than a driveway unless authorized by the Commission; or
(b) an over-snow vehicle on any property of the Commission that is not designated by a sign or device erected by order of the Commission as an area in which the operation of an over-snow vehicle is permitted.
14. (1) No person shall construct any private road, entranceway, gate or other structure or facility as a means of access to any driveway except with the consent in writing of the Commission and in accordance with such conditions as are specified by the Commission.
(2) No person operating a vehicle shall enter upon a driveway except at a place at which public access to the driveway is provided.
(3) Subsection (2) does not apply to prohibit entrance upon a driveway from any private road or entranceway constructed
(a) on or before September 30, 1960; or
(b) after September 30, 1960 with the consent in writing of the Commission.
15. [Repealed, SOR/2002-165, s. 1]
- Date modified: