MINIMUM BUILDING AREA OF DWELLING
37. No person shall build
(a) a one storey one-family dwelling or a row house that provides a building area of less than 900 square feet for each dwelling unit;
(b) a one and one-half or two-storey one-family dwelling or a row house that provides a building area of less than 550 square feet for each dwelling unit;
(c) a one storey two-family dwelling that provides a building area of less than 800 square feet for each dwelling unit;
(d) a dwelling divided vertically into two two-storey dwelling units that provides a building area of less than 550 square feet for each dwelling unit; or
(e) a dwelling divided horizontally into two dwelling units that provide a building area of less than 800 square feet for each dwelling unit.
38. No person shall
(a) reduce the size of a parcel of land in any manner below the minimum lot area, side yard width, rear yard depth or front yard depth required by these Regulations; or
(b) add to or reconstruct any building or reduce the area of any lot upon which a building stands or alter the boundaries of such lot if such additions, reconstruction, reduction or alteration would violate these Regulations.
39. (1) The front yard of a through lot shall be as designated by the director-general.
(2) No person shall erect an accessory building that projects into the front yard required by these Regulations for the main building.
(3) An accessory building not exceeding one storey or 15 feet in height, whichever is the lesser, may be located in the rear yard of a through lot if such building is set back from the rear lot line a distance of not less than 10 per cent of the lot depth and at least three feet from any side lot line.
- SOR/92-61, s. 8.
40. (1) No person shall use a trailer as a place of permanent or temporary residence unless it is located in a Mobile Home District.
(2) No person shall park a trailer in the front yard of any lot.
- SOR/92-61, s. 5(F).
OFF-STREET PARKING FACILITIES
41. (1) No person shall
(a) erect a structure in any district without providing off-street automobile parking spaces; or
(b) provide off-street automobile parking spaces within a front yard or within a side yard abutting a street in any R1, R2, R3, C1, C2 or S district.
(2) Each parking space in an off-street automobile parking area shall be not less than 20 feet by nine feet.
(3) Off-street parking areas shall be screened from adjoining residential areas and shall be lit, drained and laid out to provide vehicular ingress and egress, internal traffic circulation and parking, to the satisfaction of the director-general.
- SOR/92-61, s. 8.
- Date modified: