15. (1) The provisions of these Regulations applicable to non-conforming structures and non-conforming uses do not apply to any hotel located in a Central Business District on March 28, 1968.
(2) Where a hotel described in subsection (1) is reconstructed or altered so as to provide more units, the owner thereof shall provide the parking spaces for those units as required by section 42 and where the reconstruction or alteration results in the same or a lesser number of units, no reduction shall be made in the number of parking spaces existing for that hotel on March 28, 1968.
16. (1) In the Central Business District, no structure other than an accessory building shall be erected unless
(a) a comprehensive plan showing the uses to which the entire lot on which the structure is to be located has been approved by the director-general;
(b) the width of the side yard on the side of the main building closest to an adjacent dwelling, church or church hall in a Public Open Space District, a One-Family Dwelling District, Two-Family Dwelling District or a Multiple-Family Dwelling District is at least 10 feet and the width of any other side yard, if provided, is at least three feet;
(c) the height of the structure does not exceed 9 m; and
(d) off-street parking and loading spaces are provided as required by sections 42 and 44.
(2) The requirements set out in subsection 7(3) apply to detached accessory buildings in a Central Business District.
- SOR/92-61, s. 8;
- SOR/2004-314, s. 3.
Tourist Commercial District
17. In a Tourist Commercial District, the following uses are permitted:
(a) automobile leasing agencies, excluding uses for the servicing and storage of automobiles to be leased;
(b) automobile service stations;
(d) cocktail lounges, gift shops and dining rooms constructed as part of a hotel, motel or service station structure;
(e) community centres;
(g) motels and motor hotels;
(h) parks or playgrounds;
(i) public parking areas;
(j) public utility installations excluding any uses that are primarily of a maintenance or storage nature;
(k) restaurants, coffee shops and dining rooms;
(l) office buildings; and
(m) uses and buildings necessarily incidental to any use permitted in this district.
18. (1) In a Tourist Commercial District, no person shall erect an automobile service station unless
(a) the lot area is at least 15,000 square feet;
(b) the front, side and rear yards depths are at least
(i) 15 feet, when measured from the pumps or any other structures used for selling oil or gas, and
(ii) 25 feet, when measured from the main building;
(c) the height of the building or structure does not exceed two storeys or 30 feet, whichever is the lesser;
(d) vehicular access to the lot is provided by way of entrances and exits having a width of at least 25 feet and not more than 30 feet; and
(e) a curb or barrier is provided and maintained on or near all street lot lines so as to prevent vehicles from entering or leaving the lot other than by way of the entrances and exits mentioned in paragraph (d).
(2) In a Tourist Commercial District, no person shall erect a structure other than a detached accessory building unless
(a) the lot area is at least
(i) 20,000 square feet, where the structure is intended for use as a hotel or a motel, with or without a cocktail lounge, gift shop or dining room, and
(ii) 10,000 square feet, where the structure is intended for use only as a restaurant, a coffee shop or a dining room;
(b) the lot width is at least
(i) 150 feet, where the structure is intended for use as a hotel or a motel, with or without a cocktail lounge, gift shop or dining room, and
(ii) 100 feet, where the structure is intended for use only as a restaurant, a coffee shop or a dining room;
(c) the front yard depth is at least 35 feet;
(d) the width of each side yard is at least 10 feet;
(e) the rear yard depth is at least 25 feet;
(f) the height of the structure does not exceed 10.6 m; and
(g) off-street parking is provided as required by section 42.
(3) The requirements set out in subsection 7(3) apply to detached accessory buildings in a Tourist Commercial District except that no person shall erect a detached accessory building in such a district if the height of the detached accessory building exceeds 20 feet or one storey, whichever is the lesser.
- SOR/2004-314, s. 4.
- Date modified: