54. (1) A person is deemed to be employed in operational service while employed by the Correctional Service of Canada if the person
(a) was less than 35 years of age when the person first became employed in operational service on the condition that, if at that time the person was at least 30 years of age, the person had less than five years of pensionable service that is not operational service;
(b) was employed in operational service that is pensionable service for one or more periods totalling at least 10 years;
(c) has ceased to be employed in operational service; and
(d) has made an election to be so deemed before the 90th day after the later of
(i) the day on which the person ceases to be employed in operational service, and
(ii) the day on which a notice is sent to the person from the deputy head confirming the date on which the person ceased to be employed in operational service.
(2) Any period referred to in paragraph 53(b), and any portion of a period referred to in paragraph 53(c) that is in excess of six months, is not counted as operational service under paragraph (1)(b).
(3) The election takes effect on the day following the day on which the person ceases to be employed in operational service.
(4) The election is irrevocable and remains in effect until the day before the day on which the person again becomes employed in operational service or until the day on which the person ceases to be employed by the Correctional Service of Canada.
- SOR/94-259, s. 1;
- SOR/2007-106, s. 2.
55. (1) Subject to subsection (3), the amount required to be contributed under subsection 24.4(1) of the Act is 0.62 per cent of the person’s salary.
(2) The persons to whom subsection 24.4(1) of the Act does not apply are those who do not meet the conditions set out in subsection 54(1).
(3) The contribution that a person on leave without pay who does meet those conditions shall pay, in addition to any amount payable under section 7, is the following:
(a) in respect of the first three months of the leave, the amount referred to in subsection (1) that the person would have had to pay if the person had not been on leave; and
(b) in respect of the remainder of the leave, if the person has not made an election under subsection 5.3(1) of the Act,
(i) where the person is on leave without pay as referred to in subsection 7(2) or (3), the amount referred to in paragraph (a), and
(ii) in any other case, an amount equal to double that amount.
- SOR/94-259, s. 1;
- SOR/2007-106, ss. 3, 4.
56. [Repealed, SOR/2007-106, s. 5]
- Date modified: