25. (1) Every election made by a person pursuant to section 51 of the Act shall be made by him in writing, in the form prescribed by the Minister and signed by the person making the election, and the original thereof shall be sent or delivered to the Minister within the time prescribed by section 51 of the Act for the making of such an election.
(2) There shall be issued to each elective participant, as evidence that he is a participant under the Act,
(a) a document in Form B of Schedule II, in the case of an elective participant who is required to contribute in accordance with subsection 10(1); and
(b) a document in Form C of Schedule II, in any other case.
- SOR/92-716, ss. 7(F), 8(F), 9(F), 11;
- SOR/99-378, s. 8.
NAMING OR SUBSTITUTION OF A BENEFICIARY
26. (1) Subject to the provisions of this section, a participant may, for the purposes of Part II of the Act, name a beneficiary under Part II of the Act or substitute a new named beneficiary.
(2) The naming of a beneficiary or the substitution of a named beneficiary by a participant pursuant to subsection (1) shall be evidenced in writing in the form set out in Schedule V and the form shall be dated, witnessed and forwarded to the Minister.
(3) Subject to subsection (4), the naming of a beneficiary or the substitution of a named beneficiary by a participant shall be effective on the date the participant executes the form referred to in subsection (2) if the completed form is received by the Minister prior to the death of the participant.
(4) Where the completed form was not forwarded to the Minister pursuant to subsection (2) but was received by the department in which the participant is employed, or was employed prior to his ceasing to be employed in the Public Service, and the deputy head of that department advises the Minister that the form was received by the department prior to the death of the participant, the naming of a beneficiary or the substitution of a named beneficiary by a participant shall be effective on the date the participant executed the form referred to in subsection (2) if the form is received by the Minister prior to the payment of any benefit under Part II of the Act.
(5) For the purposes of Part II of the Act, a beneficiary may be
(a) the estate of the participant;
(b) any person over the age of 18 years on the date of the naming or substitution;
(c) any charitable organization or institution;
(d) any benevolent organization or institution; or
(e) any eleemosynary religious or educational organization or institution.
- SOR/86-635, s. 1;
- SOR/92-716, s. 7(F).
26.1 Notwithstanding section 26, a beneficiary, named by a participant pursuant to subsection 26(1), ceases to be that participant’s beneficiary under Part II of the Act the day following the day the participant ceases to be a participant under that Part.
- SOR/80-937, s. 1.
CROWN CORPORATION AND PUBLIC BOARDS
27. The Crown corporation and public boards specified in Schedule III are excluded from the operation of Part II of the Act.
- SOR/92-716, s. 10(F).
- Date modified: