Fire Buckets and Fire Axes
95. Every Class H ship not over 45.7 m in length shall be provided with fire buckets and fire axes in accordance with the following table:
|Length of ship||Number of fire buckets||Number of fire axes|
|Not over 15.2 m||2||—|
|Over 15.2 m but not over 22.9 m||3||1|
|Over 22.9 m||4||2|
- SOR/81-738, s. 74.
CLASS J SHIPS
96. (1) Every Class J ship that is a decked ship over 12.2 m in length shall be provided with a manual or power fire pump, and appliances whereby a suitable jet of water can be directed into any part of the ship.
(2) Every Class J ship shall be provided with fire extinguishers in accordance with the following table, or with equivalent fire extinguishers as set forth in Schedule IV:
Length of ship Extinguishers required Not over 12.2 m one 4.5 L foam Over 12.2 m one 9.0 L foam
(3) Every Class J ship fitted with cooking or heating appliances that burn liquid or gaseous fuel shall, in addition to the requirements of subsection (2), be provided with one 4.5 L foam fire extinguisher, or with one equivalent fire extinguisher as set forth in Schedule IV.
(4) Every Class J ship shall be provided with fire buckets in accordance with the following table:
Length of ship Number of fire buckets Not over 12.2 m 1 Over 12.2 m 2
(5) Every Class J ship not over five tons, gross tonnage, need not comply with the requirements of subsections (1), (3) or (4).
- SOR/81-738, s. 75.
CLASS K SHIPS
Cargo Spaces and Pump Rooms
97. (1) Every Class K ship that carries oil cargo in bulk shall be provided with appliances whereby smothering gas, steam or foam can be rapidly conveyed by a permanent piping system into the cargo pump room and into all cargo spaces, or, in lieu thereof, shall be provided with foam fire extinguishers in accordance with the following table, or equivalent fire extinguishers as set forth in Schedule IV:
Length of ship Minimum aggregate capacity of fire extinguishers Over 15.2 m but not over 30.5 m 90 L of foam Over 30.5 m 135 L of foam
(2) The fire extinguishers prescribed in subsection (1) may be either portable or equipped with sufficient length of hose or piping to deliver the extinguishing agent to any point on deck.
- SOR/81-738, s. 76.
- Date modified: