PRECAUTIONS TO BE TAKEN AGAINST FIRE IN SMALL MOTOR SHIPS
1. Care must be taken to prevent leakage of gasoline, or the risk of fire due to unshielded woodwork or other flammable material being in too close proximity to hot pipes.
2. Where a reserve supply of gasoline is carried it shall be carried in a metal container and the spout or opening in the container shall be provided with an effective cap.
3. In all cases when gasoline tanks are being filled, an efficient funnel shall be used to prevent spillage into the hull of the boat.
4. Gasoline tanks shall be installed so that gasoline cannot spill into the bilges while the tanks are being filled.
5. Passenger vessels using gasoline shall not be fueled while passengers are on board.
6. An appliance which burns liquid or gaseous fuel shall be so fitted that there is a free circulation of air all around and below the appliance.
- Date modified: