Regional Advisory Committee Regulations
C.R.C., c. 1593
Regulations Respecting Regional Advisory Committees to Advise the Director, The Veterans’ Land Act
2. In these Regulations,
“Act” means the Veterans’ Land Act; (Loi)
“Committee” means a regional advisory committee appointed pursuant to section 44 of the Act; (comité)
“Director” means The Director, The Veterans’ Land Act. (Directeur)
REGIONAL ADVISORY COMMITTEE
3. A regional advisory committee shall consist of three members.
4. The Chairman of a Committee shall be an officer of the Director appointed by the Governor in Council to be Chairman of the Committee.
5. A Chairman of a Committee may, with the approval of the Director, act as the Chairman of any other Committee in the event that the Chairman of that Committee is absent or unable to act.
6. The Chairman or acting chairman and one other member of a Committee constitute a quorum of the Committee.
7. (1) The Chairman or acting chairman of a Committee shall receive no salary or remuneration other than that which he receives as an employee of the Director.
(2) Each member of a Committee, other than the Chairman, shall hold office during pleasure and shall be paid
(a) $10 for each half day or portion thereof during which the Committee meets;
(b) $10 for each half day or portion thereof that the member necessarily spends in travel to and from Committee meetings; and
(c) the actual and reasonable disbursements necessarily made by him in the discharge of his duties as a member of the Committee.
- Date modified: