7. No shipper shall, on behalf of a producer, pay for or take into account in any transaction the cost of transportation of the product other than the transportation of the product from the premises of the producer to the premises of the shipper.
METHOD OF PAYMENT
8. Every shipper shall, within 21 days after receipt by him of a product from a producer, pay to the producer not less than the full amount of the minimum price determined by the Commodity Board for the product shipped by him, less only the following deductions:
(a) the service charge imposed by the Commodity Board;
(b) the remuneration of the appointed shipper as fixed from time to time by the Commodity Board;
(c) where the product is delivered in bulk for central packing by the shipper before shipping, the charges made by the shipper for central packing;
(d) the amount of any claim for compensation made under the Ontario Greenhouse Vegetable Information(Interprovincial and Export) Regulations received by the shipper if the claim is substantiated by the claimant and approved in writing by the Commodity Board; and
(e) any amount then owing to the shipper by the producer for supplies purchased by the producer from him.
9. No shipper shall require any producer to deliver a receipt or other similar document in respect of a product received from that producer before he pays the producer as required by section 8.
10. (1) No person shall pay brokerage fees on a product to any produce broker in excess of the brokerage rates prevailing in the province in which the product is sold.
(2) No person shall pay brokerage fees in the Province of Ontario or Quebec to any person other than a licensed produce broker.
(3) No person shall pay brokerage fees in the Province of Newfoundland, Nova Scotia, New Brunswick, Prince Edward Island, Manitoba, Saskatchewan or Alberta to any person other than a licensed produce broker or a central purchasing agent in a province who serves more than five wholesale outlets in that province.
- Date modified: