Order Providing for the Fixing, Imposing and Collecting of Levies from Certain Hog Producers in Prince Edward Island
2. In this Order,
“Act” means the Prince Edward Island Natural Products Marketing Act; (Loi)
- “Commodity Board”
“Commodity Board” means the Prince Edward Island Hog Commodity Marketing Board established pursuant to the Act; (Office de commercialisation)
“hog” means any member of the species Sus Scrofa L. (domestic pig) produced in Prince Edward Island; (porc)
“Plan” means the Prince Edward Island Hog Marketing Plan, established and amended from time to time pursuant to the Act; (Plan)
“producer” means a person engaged in the production of hogs in the Province of Prince Edward Island who has not, pursuant to regulations of the Commodity Board, been excluded from the Hog Price Stabilization Plan established by the Commodity Board. (producteur)
3. (1) Every producer shall pay to the Commodity Board, in addition to the service charges that he pays pursuant to the Plan, for each hog sold or delivered by him at a weekly base price set out in Column I of an item of the schedule, a levy in the amount set out in Column II of that item.
(2) No levy is payable with respect to any hog that is graded lower than Canada Index 67.
4. Every person who purchases hogs from a producer for processing shall
(a) deduct from the purchase price thereof all levies payable by the producer to the Commodity Board pursuant to section 3; and
(b) pay those levies to the Commodity Board at its office in Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island, not later than the 15th day of the month following the month in which the hogs were bought.
5. (1) Subject to subsection (2), every person required by section 4 to deduct levies and pay them to the Commodity Board shall, not later than the time of such payment, supply the Commodity Board with copies of all grade certificates issued by a grader pursuant to section 11 of the Hog Carcass Grading Regulations showing the purchase price and any deductions made therefrom.
(2) Any person required by subsection (1) to supply the Commodity Board with copies of grade certificates may, instead of supplying such copies, supply the information required by subsection (1) to be shown therein by any data processing method approved by the Commodity Board.
- Date modified: