23. Where a container of produce is packed in another container, the outer container need be marked only with
(a) the common name of the produce,
(b) the grade name, if any, established by these Regulations for the produce, except in the case of imported produce,
(c) the identity and principal place of business of the person by or for whom the produce was produced or packaged for resale, and
(d) the country of origin, in the case of imported produce, in accordance with subsection 10(11),
but where the produce or any of the information referred to in paragraphs (a) to (d) is easily and clearly discernible in or on the inner container without opening the outer container, the same information is not required to be shown on the outer container.
- SOR/79-144, s. 1(F);
- SOR/80-466, s. 2;
- SOR/82-1048, s. 2;
- SOR/86-864, s. 26(E);
- SOR/88-193, s. 5;
- SOR/88-428, s. 26;
- SOR/95-475, s. 2;
- SOR/2002-354, s. 4;
- SOR/2003-6, s. 7.
24. A grade name established by these Regulations shall not be applied to apples displayed for sale in a retail store unless the variety of the apples is clearly indicated.
25. When the size of produce is required by these Regulations to be shown on a label, it shall be shown immediately adjacent to the grade name in the same sized print as the grade name, in terms of
(a) metric units;
(b) Canadian units;
(c) metric units and Canadian units; or
(d) any of the word descriptions set out in Part II of Schedule I.
- SOR/86-864, s. 5;
- SOR/88-369, s. 7;
- SOR/88-428, s. 7;
- SOR/94-718, s. 4.
26. No label of produce graded pursuant to these Regulations or imported into Canada shall be marked with any word or words declaring or implying that the produce packed therein is superior in quality to the grade marked thereon.
- SOR/88-428, s. 26(F).
IMPORT AND INTERPROVINCIAL TRADE
27. (1) Subject to subsection (2) and section 29, no person shall market in interprovincial trade any produce for which a grade has been established unless the produce
(a) is packaged and labelled in accordance with Part II; and
(b) meets the applicable standards prescribed by subsection 3(1).
(2) Subsection (1) does not apply in respect of blueberries, except those grown in the Province of Nova Scotia, New Brunswick or Prince Edward Island.
- SOR/81-186, s. 4(F);
- SOR/86-456, s. 1;
- SOR/86-864, s. 26(E);
- SOR/88-369, s. 8;
- SOR/88-428, ss. 8, 26;
- SOR/90-447, s. 2;
- SOR/92-618, s. 10;
- SOR/94-510, s. 12.
28. [Repealed, SOR/94-510, s. 12]
- Date modified: