22. to 24. [Repealed, SOR/91-370, s. 3]
25. A producer grader shall
(a) classify, grade, mark or pack only that honey that is produced in his own apiaries;
(b) classify, grade and pack honey in clean, sanitary rooms that are adequately lighted, ventilated and screened;
(c) have in his establishment adequate washing facilities; and
(d) maintain all equipment, appliances and containers in a clean and sanitary condition.
- SOR/80-184, s. 9;
- SOR/91-370, s. 8(F).
26. (1) A producer grader shall keep and make available to the Agency at all times an accurate, up-to-date record of his honey pack that shows the quantity, class and grade of each lot of honey packed, and the size and type of containers in which it was packed.
(2) A producer grader shall, at the request of the Agency, supply the Agency with detailed information respecting sales of prepackaged honey or honey packed in bulk containers, and the quantity of honey on hand at any one time.
- SOR/80-184, s. 10;
- SOR/91-370, s. 8(F);
- SOR/2000-184, s. 12.
27. (1) Every lot packed by a producer grader or in a registered establishment shall be assigned a lot number by the packer.
(2) The first digit of the first lot number in each calendar year shall be number one, subsequent lot numbers for that calendar year following consecutively and the last digit in each lot number shall be the last digit of the year in which the lot is packed.
(3) Where a lot number has been assigned pursuant to subsection (1), it shall, at the time of packing at the apiary or registered establishment, be marked in accordance with Part III on every box of honey filled from that lot.
(4) Where a box contains honey from two lots, the box shall be marked with both lot numbers.
- SOR/91-370, ss. 6(F), 8(F).
28. [Repealed, SOR/80-184, s. 11]
29. (1) Prior to January 1, 1980, prepackaged honey that is graded under these Regulations shall be packed in accordance with the following sizes of containers:
(a) any size up to and including 5 ounces net weight;
(b) 8 ounces net weight;
(c) 12 ounces net weight;
(d) 1 pound net weight;
(e) 1 1/2 pounds net weight;
(f) 2 pounds net weight;
(g) 3 pounds net weight;
(h) 4 pounds net weight; or
(i) 8 pounds net weight.
(2) Subject to subsection (3), on and after January 1, 1980, prepackaged honey that is graded under these Regulations shall be packed in accordance with the following sizes of containers:
(a) any net weight up to and including 150 g;
(b) 250 g;
(c) 375 g;
(d) 500 g;
(e) 750 g;
(f) 1 kg;
(g) 1.5 kg;
(h) 2 kg;
(i) 3 kg; or
(j) 5 kg.
(3) Honey may, until July 1, 1981, be packed in containers of the sizes set out in paragraphs (1)(a) to (i) where those containers were manufactured prior to January 1, 1980.
(4) Notwithstanding anything contained in this section, the Minister may permit the sale of honey packed in novelty containers of non-standard sizes.
- SOR/80-184, s. 12.
- Date modified: