METHOD OF DETERMINING FLUID NET CONTENTS OF CONTAINERS OF MAPLE SYRUP
1. Ten containers of the same product shall be taken directly from the packer or wholesaler and the containers shall all be of the same size or declared net contents and selected to represent as many lots or batches of that product as possible.
2. Examine the containers and discard any container that is suspected of leaking.
3. Measure the entire fluid contents of each container at 20 degrees Celsius using metric graduated cylinders which cylinders shall be clean and dry for each measurement.
4. Express the results in millilitres or fluid ounces depending on whether the quantity declared on the label of the container is expressed in imperial or metric measure.
5. The lot shall be considered acceptable only if the average net contents of the 10 containers as measured equals or exceeds the declared net contents.
- Date modified: