100 Subject to section 99, no person shall, unless authorized by an inspector, place or affix a tag or other mark referred to in section 98, 99 or 201 on an animal.
- SOR/2010-296, s. 2.
101 No person shall, unless authorized by an inspector, remove or deface a tag or other mark placed on an animal pursuant to section 98, 99 or 201.
- SOR/2010-296, s. 2.
102 An inspector may affix seals or other devices to a conveyance, container or other thing, for the purposes of the Act and these Regulations.
- SOR/97-85, s. 65.
103 No person shall, without the authorization of an inspector, break, alter, tamper with, or remove any seal or other device affixed to a conveyance, container or other thing pursuant to section 102.
- SOR/97-85, s. 65.
(i) the owner or occupier of any outhouse, stable, yard or other place affected or suspected of being affected with a communicable disease, or
(ii) the owner or operator of any aircraft, railway car, vehicle or vessel affected or suspected of being affected with a communicable disease,
to clean and disinfect such outhouse, stable, yard or other place or such aircraft, railway car, vehicle or vessel; or
(b) order any person entering or leaving any outhouse, stable, yard or other place affected or suspected of being affected with a communicable disease to clean and disinfect any footwear, clothing or other thing worn or carried by him.
(2) Where an animal is required to be destroyed pursuant to section 37 or 48 of the Act, every person in charge of a conveyance in which the animal is thereafter carried shall, immediately after the animal is unloaded from the conveyance, clean and disinfect the conveyance under the supervision of an inspector, at the nearest place where facilities for that purpose are available.
- SOR/92-585, s. 2.
105 (1) Every owner or person in charge of a crate or other container in which poultry are to be transported shall thoroughly clean and disinfect the crate or container before poultry are loaded therein unless the crate or container is new or was thoroughly cleaned and disinfected following its last use for transporting poultry.
(2) [Repealed, SOR/98-409, s. 12]
(3) Every owner or person in charge of a container from which animal manure, aircraft garbage or ship’s refuse, as those terms are defined in subsection 47.1(1), has been discharged under section 47.1 shall clean and disinfect it before it is used again.
- SOR/98-409, s. 12;
- SOR/2003-6, s. 80;
- SOR/2009-18, s. 19(F).
(2) [Repealed, SOR/97-85, s. 66]
(3) An inspector may order a person in charge of a motor vehicle that has been used for the transportation of livestock to clean and disinfect, within a specified period of time, the motor vehicle at the nearest place where facilities for that purpose are available or at such other place as the inspector may specify.
(4) [Repealed, SOR/97-85, s. 66]
(5) No person shall bring from a country other that the United States a conveyance that has been used to transport poultry, ruminants, equines or porcines unless it has been cleaned and disinfected.
(5.1) No person shall bring from the United States a conveyance that has been used to transport poultry or porcines unless it has been cleaned and disinfected.
(5.2) Subsection (5.1) does not apply to a conveyance
(a) that has transported Canadian porcines to a slaughtering establishment in the United States where inspection is provided by the Food Safety and Inspection Service of the United States Department of Agriculture and that has returned directly to Canada from that establishment;
(b) that has not transported porcines other than those mentioned in paragraph (a) while in the United States;
(c) that is not licensed to transport livestock between locations in the United States; and
(d) from which as much manure as could be removed with a shovel and broom at an ambient temperature of 20°C has, in fact, been removed.
(6) Every person in charge of a railway car, motor vehicle or container that has been used for the transportation of a commodity that is required to be cleaned and disinfected pursuant to section 107 shall immediately after it is unloaded clean and disinfect the railway car, vehicle or container.
(7) All yards, stables, sheds or other premises used by railway or steamship companies or other persons for the accommodation of animals shall be maintained in a sanitary condition and an inspector may order the person in charge of the yard, stable, shed or other premises to clean and disinfect the premises.
(8) Every railway company and motor carrier shall affix to both sides of every railway car or motor vehicle used to transport a commodity that is required to be cleaned and disinfected pursuant to section 107 a placard stating in bold face letters not less than 1 1/2 inches in height the words “Restricted Import Animal Product” “Produit animal importé sous restriction” and “Clean and Disinfect this Car” “Wagon à nettoyer et à désinfecter”.
(9) In this section, stockyard has the same meaning as in the Livestock and Livestock Products Act.
- SOR/78-597, s. 13;
- SOR/79-295, s. 17;
- SOR/95-473, s. 11;
- SOR/97-85, s. 66;
- SOR/98-584, s. 4;
- SOR/2015-55, s. 6(F).
107 Where a commodity that is
(a) raw wool, hair or bristles,
(b) untanned hides and skins,
(c) animal glands and organs, or
has been imported into Canada from any country other than the United States, it shall be cleaned, disinfected or treated at the establishment approved by the Minister for that purpose and to which it was transported.
- SOR/97-85, s. 67.
108 Every place or thing required to be cleaned and disinfected pursuant to sections 104 to 106 shall be cleaned and disinfected
(a) where applicable, by removing all animal matter, manure, litter and refuse therefrom; and
(b) by applying a disinfectant under the supervision or to the satisfaction of an inspector.
109 (1) A veterinary inspector may order the person conducting a public sale, auction or market of livestock to clean and disinfect the place where such sale, auction or market is conducted, under the supervision or to the satisfaction of an inspector within a time specified by the veterinary inspector.
(2) If the place where a public sale, auction or market of livestock is held is not thoroughly cleaned and disinfected in accordance with the notice of a veterinary inspector, no sale, auction or market of livestock shall be held in such place without the consent of the Minister.
Samples of Milk and Cream from Dairies, etc.
110 Every sample of milk or cream supplied by the operator of a cheese factory, creamery or dairy on the request of the Minister pursuant to section 6 of the Act shall
(a) be refrigerated to a temperature not below 4°C (40°F) and not above 7°C (45°F); and
(b) contain potassium dichromate or other preservative of a strength and quantity that will preserve the sample but not affect the test results.
- SOR/92-585, s. 2;
- SOR/95-475, s. 4(E).
Meat, Meat By-products or Carcasses in Feeding Livestock or Poultry
111 [Repealed, SOR/2008-20, s. 1]
112 No person shall feed meat, meat by-products or food that is suspected to contain meat or meat by-products to swine or poultry, or permit swine or poultry to have access to the meat or by-products.
- SOR/85-689, s. 10;
- SOR/97-85, s. 68;
- SOR/2002-334, s. 1;
- SOR/2008-20, s. 1.
- SOR/79-839, s. 30;
- SOR/97-85, s. 68.
- Date modified: