48. A person may import into Canada meat or meat by-products from a country or a part of a country not referred to in section 41 if the meat or meat by-product is kept on a ship as ships’ stores.
- SOR/78-69, s. 27(F);
- SOR/97-85, s. 38.
Carcasses of Game Animals
49. (1) No person shall import the carcass of a game animal unless
(a) the Canada Border Services Agency has determined under the Customs Tariff that the carcass originated in the United States; and
(b) the person importing the carcass holds a hunting permit for that game animal issued under the applicable legislation of the United States or a state of the United States.
(2) The number of carcasses that a person may import into Canada shall be the number established by the applicable legislation referred to in paragraph (1)(b).
- SOR/78-69, s. 28(F);
- SOR/97-85, s. 38;
- SOR/2009-18, s. 13;
- SOR/2012-286, s. 52(E).
50. No person shall import into Canada
(a) matted or blood-stained wool, hair or bristles; or
(b) any animal by-product or manure that was derived from an animal affected with anthrax, foot-and-mouth disease, rinderpest or Bovine Spongiform Encephalopathy or any reportable disease, any disease referred to in Schedule VII and any serious epizootic disease to which the species from which the by-product or manure was derived is susceptible and that can be transmitted by the by-product or manure.
- SOR/97-85, s. 39;
- SOR/2009-18, s. 14.
Animal Pathogens, Animals or Other Organisms, Animal Blood and Animal Serum
51. Subject to section 51.2, no person shall, except under and in accordance with a permit issued by the Minister under section 160, import into Canada any
(a) animal pathogen;
(b) animal, animal product, animal by-product or other organism carrying an animal pathogen or part of one; or
(c) animal blood or animal serum, other than a veterinary biologic,
(i) from a bird or a mammal, except a member of the orders Rodentia, Cetacea, Pinnipedia and Sirenia, and
(ii) that are to be used in animals.
- SOR/95-54, s. 2;
- SOR/97-85, s. 40;
- SOR/97-478, s. 11;
- SOR/2004-80, s. 16(E).
51.1 Where any animal pathogen, animal or other organism, animal blood or animal serum referred to in section 51 is imported into Canada under a permit, no person shall
(a) move the imported pathogen, animal or other organism, blood or serum from the place or places specified in the permit to any other place, except under and in accordance with that permit or another permit issued for that purpose by the Minister under section 160; or
(b) introduce into an animal the imported pathogen, animal or other organism, blood or serum, except under and in accordance with that permit or another permit issued for that purpose by the Minister under section 160.
- SOR/95-54, s. 2.
- Date modified: